Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Hmm..all these reports about one side being brighter, sounds like LG.Display have some very bad QC issues at the moment (a similar issue has been seen on the newer WU4 panel in the HP 2475w).

Hopefully someone else will see IPS is becoming popular and do a better job than LG.Display. It's Hitachi technology anyway originally.

Reading the HP thread then, do you think that it should get a bit better with time?

I didn't have mine that long / get much use before I had to send it back, so it's still got relatively low hours on it at the moment.

The annoying thing is that it seems it's the reduction in back light that has made it more apparent :o

The rest of panel is great so I don't really want to exchange it.

Associate
So, anyone with a returned panel using an ATI 4850/70? I'm still thinking about ordering one of these cards/screen :)

I have a 4870 and don't get any sparkling or banding (the firmware update fixes the banding), I changed DVI port on my GFX card and turned on some reduced DVI frequency option and all has been well for a couple of weeks now.

The update does not specifically fix the sparkling, but there are other ways of getting it sorted.

Associate
I've got a 24'' ver2.1 on a 4870 and had no banding, green snow or dead pixels. :)

But i too have got quite noticible unifority issues. The sides are quite a bit darker then the center.

Also i dont see the 'fantastic' IPS viewing angles. Anything off center (hell even the edges sitting in front) take on a white hue. I'd go so far to say that my old 3 year old VA xerox had better 'usable' viewing.

Associate
the 24Wi I bought for my parents arrived yesterday. It is PERFECT.

no dead pixels, no banding, haven't seen any snow yet. the blacklight seems to be TOTALLY uniform which is a surprise to say the least.

Have to say, as I personally own the 26Wi. I prefer the matte screen of the 26Wi to the glossy 24Wi. The gloss is VERY reflective, and is only a very good screen in a dark room.

Associate
Heh it's funny isnt it. I'd order the 26" over the 24" if the 26" had a glossy screen. Personally I think colours really come alive better with a glossy screen.

Associate
*sigh* I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and see what happens. Viable alternatives seem thin on the ground, and while I'd rather not have to use powerstrip, it's hardly the biggest deal. Fingers crossed I don't have to :)

Associate
FedEx were quite good for me, came on the day they were meant to and delivered next day after it was sent back!

Just looking forward to your thoughts now mrk :p I expect Hazro have made sure yours is perfect though so that you'll praise it and more people will buy it ;)

Associate
ok, forget what I said before. The 24Wi has a BIG problem when I try to watch a blu-ray. Using Power DVD. The moment the disc starts to play, the green snow starts to appear on the screen. This is not the worst thing. When the disc is playing, HUGE white flickers start to occur consistently and randomly across chunks of the breadth of the screen.

What the hell is this? It isn't happening during web browsing.

edit: to clarify, this huge white flicker, is separate issue to the snow during movie playback. It is a rectangular block about 2-3inches high which covers the width of the screen for a split second, then happens again and again.

Last edited:
Associate
ok, forget what I said before. The 24Wi has a BIG problem when I try to watch a blu-ray. Using Power DVD. The moment the disc starts to play, the green snow starts to appear on the screen. This is not the worst thing. When the disc is playing, HUGE white flickers start to occur consistently and randomly across chunks of the breadth of the screen.

Welcome to the club. For most people the green snow only happens on dark to middle grays and the gradients between grays. Movies show this best since the moving frames will have many different combination of grays. If you pause the vid you will still see some green snow, and if you put a screenshot in a web browser you will see the same snow in the same places.

Some people think the scalier is at fault, others say the vertical refresh rate is pushing the panel to hard. I personally have no idea, but the green snow is very random and hard to pin down.

Somewhere in this thread someone gave a short how-to using powerstrip to get rid of it. Cant remember who though :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just a quick test for you, I assume you have a recent GFX card with HDMI output? could you see if you can enable 1920x1200 through HDMI instead and see if the green snow exists then perhaps? would be interesting to know since quality should be the same as DVI as they're the same thing essentially.

Associate

edit: to clarify, this huge white flicker, is separate issue to the snow during movie playback. It is a rectangular block about 2-3inches high which covers the width of the screen for a split second, then happens again and again.

I had the flashing lines across the screen too when I got this replacement screen back. Since changing to the other DVI output on my Radeon 4850 not had any snow/corruption/flashing lines whatsoever. Have you tried changing output?

Associate
Getting mine picked up tomorrow, forgot to ask if they want any of the cabling but I'm assuming it's fine if I just pack the monitor on it's own?

Associate
Can anyone tell me some good settings to use on this monitor, It has the new firmware 2.1 the only things I can tweak are:

the brightness (46)
Contrast (55)
Sharpness (57)

I haven't got a calibrator but I am using the it for colour correct photography ect, just for general work and gaming.

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom