Sheffield Arena (March 2)
Nottingham Arena (3)
Aberdeen AECC Arena (5)
Glasgow SECC (6)
Newcastle Arena (7)
Manchester MEN Arena (9)

Takes go on Sale on Friday :D

Soldato
Looking at the dates I think I'll have to try for Cardiff.
The wife will certainly be happy if I can get a couple of tickets on Friday for this.

Soldato
Anyone get tickets sorted?
I can only do Cardiff on the Saturday.

I was on the ticketmaster website at five to 10 refreshing the page.
As soon as they were available I tried to buy two tickets.
Wait, wait, browser crash.
Resubmit, connect, 15 minute wait - sorry we cannot connect.
Rinse, repeat, spend 30 minutes - all tickets sold out :)

Oh well - not the end of the world.
But this happens every single time with Ticketmaster - their site cannot cope with this level of sales and the fans lose out.
Grrrrr

Soldato
New dates added:

The Killers, LG Arena, Birmingham, Friday 27th February 2009

The Killers - Standing, M.E.N Arena, Manchester, Tuesday 10th march 2009

The Killers - Seated, M.E.N Arena, Manchester, Tuesday 10th march 2009

The Killers - Standing, LG Arena, Birmingham, Friday 27th February 2009

Nothing for the weekends though....

Permabanned
All sold out, be on ebay soon.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_...trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=the+killers&_osacat=0

boo £40 face value

Anyone get tickets sorted?
I can only do Cardiff on the Saturday.

I was on the ticketmaster website at five to 10 refreshing the page.
As soon as they were available I tried to buy two tickets.
Wait, wait, browser crash.
Resubmit, connect, 15 minute wait - sorry we cannot connect.
Rinse, repeat, spend 30 minutes - all tickets sold out :)

Oh well - not the end of the world.
But this happens every single time with Ticketmaster - their site cannot cope with this level of sales and the fans lose out.
Grrrrr

There is a guy on ebay selling 20 tickets for Manchester at £100 each, shocking.

Last edited:
Soldato
I refuse to re-post my usual rant at this point.
Suffice to say I'm a little ****** off.
My wife really wanted to go to this gig - so as I posted above, I was ready.
Sitting on our 20mb/20mb connection at work I was refreshing the page from 9:55 onwards, the second the screen changed from "Tickets not available" to "Find Tickets" I was in.

Heck I was in the ticketmaster queuing system no less than 5 times where it tells you the waiting time is 10 minutes or 15 minutes.
Each time an error of some description came up.
After an hour of trying - realising Cardiff was going to sell out quickly due to the venue size and trying elsewhere, I came back empty handed.

Yet with a maximum ticket purchase of 4 I see EBay sellers with 10+ on hand.
I'm seeing prices of £80+ per ticket and all done for pure greed.
Once again it is the real fans who will lose out.
My wife is as disappointed as me - and I'm going to be honest, I don't like seeing my wife disappointed.
But what options do I have?
Stick to my guns and refuse point blank to deal with scalping scum - or to cheer up the wife fork out to some lowlife?

*Sigh*
I know people have to be able to resell tickets - sometimes you can't go, sometimes people drop out and you need to sell a ticket.
But I really would like to see some kind of rule on reselling - boils my blood all this.

Soldato
At 9am both the ticketmaster and seetickets website ground to a halt, I'm assuming because people thought the tickets went on sale then rather than 10am. Anyway, I was back on at 10am, eventually got through to select tickets, waiting 15 mintues, then was able to complete my purchase. 2 seated tickets for the O2 arena, not a bad location. I guess I'm one of the lucky fans to get some tickets.

Permabanned
I refuse to re-post my usual rant at this point.
Suffice to say I'm a little ****** off.
My wife really wanted to go to this gig - so as I posted above, I was ready.
Sitting on our 20mb/20mb connection at work I was refreshing the page from 9:55 onwards, the second the screen changed from "Tickets not available" to "Find Tickets" I was in.

Heck I was in the ticketmaster queuing system no less than 5 times where it tells you the waiting time is 10 minutes or 15 minutes.
Each time an error of some description came up.
After an hour of trying - realising Cardiff was going to sell out quickly due to the venue size and trying elsewhere, I came back empty handed.

Yet with a maximum ticket purchase of 4 I see EBay sellers with 10+ on hand.
I'm seeing prices of £80+ per ticket and all done for pure greed.
Once again it is the real fans who will lose out.
My wife is as disappointed as me - and I'm going to be honest, I don't like seeing my wife disappointed.
But what options do I have?
Stick to my guns and refuse point blank to deal with scalping scum - or to cheer up the wife fork out to some lowlife?

*Sigh*
I know people have to be able to resell tickets - sometimes you can't go, sometimes people drop out and you need to sell a ticket.
But I really would like to see some kind of rule on reselling - boils my blood all this.

The whole process of buying tickets is just a joke, Beastie Boys and Coldplay I had to buy over priced tickets, just refuse to do it again, You would think you could get a ticket for a 50,000 seater gig but no, better to go see bands that have not made it for £10 in a small place.

Soldato
What really gets my goat is Ticketmaster now has an official affiliated reselling site www.getmein.com which I checked out while waiting for tickets, and it had tickets at over twice face value at just after 10am.

Trouble is nowadays with buying on-line is a touts paradise, a few minutes on-line to more than double your investment is all too easy and until measures are introduced to reduce them the real fans will always take second place to the touts.

Check to see if your venue has it's own seperate ticket selling site, the NEC has www.theticketfactory.com which I managed to get good tickets for both Oasis and the Killers whilst Ticketmaster was in meltdown.

There are still ticket available at the NEC for both dates (not the best granted but I'd rather buy those than fund the touts). Another option is lounge tickets, these have a premium price direct from the venue but are very good seats or standing and you also get other things like access to a seperate bar, car parking etc as well and again cheaper than tout prices.

Soldato
It should be made illegal to sell tickets over their face value, and it should be enforced by site's such as ebay, so when some scum goes up on there and slaps up something 2/3 times over face value their account is banned and details passed on to the police.

Would soon stop the ****ers.

The people who for some reason can't make a show can then sell their tickets for face value, and people won't mind, it's more pleasant and doesn't **** of the artist either.

Soldato
That's just it - I'd hate to see a blanket ban on reselling.
We went to see REM earlier this year in Cardiff.
We had two extra tickets - a friend and his wife were unable to make it.

I put the two tickets on sale as a BIN at EBay so I got back exactly what I'd paid for them - so face value plus the other "get my goat" - surcharges.

The only problem - I've got no guarantee a fan bought those from me.
For all I know some scalp had those and made a profit.

Big events force identification and even print pictures on the tickets.
Hassle - yes but end result is that fans will be buying the tickets and the scalps would be unable to pass them on.

Soldato
Bit the bullet.
Managed to buy 2x Standing for Cardiff for £110.
£55 each, obviously more than the £32.50 face value but a hell of a lot less than I have seen them going for.

I feel dirty - but the wife really was desperate to see them and due to her being a teacher weekends are really the only time we can go.

Back
Top Bottom