Remixes

Soldato
Lately I have been hearing quite a few new remixes of some old dance songs. I have heard mixes of cafe del mar (out of office remix), and robert miles - children. There are also a few others that i cant think of that i would like to know the names to? Anybody heard anymore of these old dance songs that have been recently remixed? they all sounds really good and would love to know the names of them.

Man of Honour
Cafe Del Mar must have been remixed well over 10 times now; christ, there's been album after album released from the Del Mar label :D Children has been done two or three times.

Are these new mixes/releases?

Soldato
Also,

Cafe Del Mar (Deadmau5 Remix)

Three Drives - Greece 2000 (DONS & DBN Remix)

Binary Finary - 1998 (Terranova & Leeds Remix)

Can't think of anymore at the moment, but there are hundreds

Soldato
Cafe Del Mar must have been remixed well over 10 times now; christ, there's been album after album released from the Del Mar label :D

I think it had been done over 50 times up to a point a few years ago. If people are still rehashing it, then the total will be higher still. Easily the most remixed dance track ever.

Soldato
Also

Three Drives - Greece 2000 (Marcel Woods)
Cygnus X - Superstring (Roy Gates) I still prefer the old rank1 remix though
O'Callaghan & Kearney - Exactly (Paul Miller) OK the original is only 2years old but it's a modern classic and the remix is fantastic
Signum - Push Through (Manuel le Saux) God i love this track
Wapskallion feat. Stace - Fine Day (P.H.A.T.T.)

Associate
Sash! ft Stunt - Encore Une Fois/Raindrops
Guru Josh Project - infinity 2008
Delirium - Silence 2008
Utah saints - Something Good '08
Platnum - Loveshy (although it's more of a cover of Kristine Blond)
Happy Clappers - I Believe 2008 (Vandalism remix)
Out of Office - Break of Dawn
Another Chance - Sound of Eden
Liquid - sweet harmony (dave spoon/james talk mix)
Big Bass/michelle narine - what you do (uses bizzare inc playing with knives)

Off the top of my head, these are a few commercial ones, played on the radio (kiss FM anyway).

Associate
These a whole set of new Cafe Del Mar remixes; Deadmau5, Dave Robertson, Oliver Lang and a few others.

In fact they seems to be a big increase in remixes of old tunes.

Toolroom records have recently released remixes (if you call recreate a song note for note as a remix) of Man with the Red Face and Andy Lings Fixation. Then you have the note for note remake of Jaguar. All utterly pointless since they sound like cheap imitations of the original.

Soldato
^ I'd be amazed if anyone can top the Laurant Garnier original...

Are there any of the old classics that haven't been remixed, I've just installed Renoise and Reason and fancy doing a little butchery. :D

Soldato
Toolroom records have recently released remixes (if you call recreate a song note for note as a remix) of Man with the Red Face and Andy Lings Fixation. Then you have the note for note remake of Jaguar. All utterly pointless since they sound like cheap imitations of the original.

There are major differences between both Garniers original version and Mark Knight and Funkagendas remake.
The actual melody is miles different and imo sounds A LOT better in MK & Funkagendas remake compared to the original.

I think Garnier should be thankful of what Mark Knight and Funkagenda have done, they have turned an already great tune, into an absolute modern monster. If it wasnt for them, MWTF wouldn't get ANYWERE near as much exposure and publicity as it does now, for both the song and Garnier himself.

Caporegime
There are major differences between both Garniers original version and Mark Knight and Funkagendas remake.
The actual melody is miles different and imo sounds A LOT better in MK & Funkagendas remake compared to the original.

I think Garnier should be thankful of what Mark Knight and Funkagenda have done, they have turned an already great tune, into an absolute modern monster. If it wasnt for them, MWTF wouldn't get ANYWERE near as much exposure and publicity as it does now, for both the song and Garnier himself.

I must agree, I LOVE Knight and Funkagenda's interpretation :D

Soldato
the new man with the red face is just pointless .

the original is such a classic because it was so different.

the new one would just be another generic house tune by numbers if it wasnt for the bits kept from the original

Last edited:
Soldato
thinking about it i hate how people get away with renaming tracks as theyre own instead of a (remix by .......... ) loads of people will never of heard the original or heard garnier and even if they hear/see this new version then they still wont know about him :/

happened with knights of the jaguar earlier in the year aswell

Associate
Cafe Del Mar is getting re-released, Bought it on iTunes other week, Children has also been redone on a dance album. Bought the Sash one the other day, will use that at some point if am working this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom