Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Hey mrk. When looking at the Wii web browser and the Wii channels the black horizontal bars seem rather small, but the Brawl image seems to have the correct scaling.

Did you set the scaling to aspect after you started playing Brawl?+

Soldato
Is the HZ24Wi wall mountable (i.e. VESA compliant) as it doesnt say so in the product description?

You need to get a special mounting bracket (as with the Apple Cinema Screens) that bolts onto the back and then allows VESA mounting. Contact Hazro direct about purchasing one.

Associate
Are the problems with the firmware fixed now? Looking to get one, but still not sure if all the teething issues are sorted yet.

I believe all the HZ24Wi (24") screens have now had their firmware upgraded to 2.0/2.1 which mainly fixes the colour banding issue (making colour gradients appear smoothe and natural).

However, I'm not sure about the HZ26Wi (26") screens (which I'm currently keeping a close eye on).

It was mentioned these would be handled after the 24" screens were completed; can anyone confirm they have an updated HZ26Wi at all (did the banding issue ever effect this model at all anyway?)

ray

ray

Associate
Thanks for the great-quality photographs, mrk! I think the design is really stylish and I'm really tempted to buy the HZ26Wi. Yesterday, I sent a webnote to Hazro to enquire when the revised versions will be available to purchase and this was the reply I got:

"Many thanks for showing interest in Hazro monitors. Revised versions of the HZ26Wi models will be available towards the end of this week from all resellers."

Associate
Thanks again viennese :)

Did you/have you had any issues with green snow on your screen?

Also have you got any photos of your screen in action that you could post at all? :)

I've had no green snow whatsoever. Although when I tried connecting the screen to my mega old pc, the old gfx couldn't display native res so a few green dots were visible. But with my current card, no problems at all.

I'll try and get some shots together and post them up.

Associate
Got my monitor back today, the backlight reduction has helped slightly but the white glow issues are still pretty bad when playing a dark game/scene. They're pretty bad, so I'm going to look into some ambient lighting behind the monitor so that the monitor appears darker anyways and I don't see it as much.

Also, the banding hasn't been totally resolved: while it is much better, I can still see some banding in gradients and it's especially noticeable on the menu that pops up when you click exit in COD4.

I calibrated the display using my Optix XR and ColorEyes and blacks look better now, I'll post some results tomorrow so you guys can check them out. The weird thing is my monitor is slightly tilted clockwise and when I sent it off, it was slightly tilted anticlockwise...wonder if they swapped it, more importantly I wonder if they actually checked the gradients before they sent it out to me...

Last edited:

uZi

uZi

Associate
Hi, I've had my 24" Hazro for a week or 2 now, and I'm generally very happy with it.

However, I've had 1 or 2 issues, firstly is there a definite way to check I've got the latest firmware? - I think I've noticed some colour banding.

Secondly, the monitor's power seems to keep cutting out. This has happened a couple of times while writing this post in fact. I find this odd as it can go for a day or 2 without any interuptions, then suddenly it'll refuse to stay on without me having to unplug at the mains.. wait a few minutes then plug back in.

I thought this was to do with the power supply overheating, or something like that, but I've had a fan on it for hte last few minutes and it is pretty cool to the touch, much cooler than the 2nd monitor which I'm currently using to write this post.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Soldato
Seems to me these monitors have some annoying issues, so when they are £100+ more than the competition (in the 24" range), why are people actually buying them? I am genuinely curious cos I thought this was going to be my next upgrade...

Associate
Seems to me these monitors have some annoying issues, so when they are £100+ more than the competition (in the 24" range), why are people actually buying them? I am genuinely curious cos I thought this was going to be my next upgrade...

Remember, most forums posts concentrate on the negative....from what I've read/heard/observed the Hazro screens advantages are:

- Awesome pixel response/virtually no ghosting (equal or better than a TN panel)
- Virtually no input lag (7.5ms) - probably the lowest of any IPS-based panel
- Beautiful brushed aluminium design
- Nice array of inputs
- A company that genuinely cares about it's customers and getting things fixed

For me it seems to combines the best aspects of a TN panels (pixel response, low input lag) with the best features of IPS panels (brilliant colours, wide viewing angles) all in one sexy-looking package with great customer service/support :)

Associate
No that's the old 24W and 26W models, the 24Wi and 26Wi models have the same low input lag.

I've got brightness set to 50 (I can't get lower blacks at anything lower) and contrast at 55. I'm configuring for max luminance as it is, but is there any way to increase luminance like there was previously (increasing all sliders together)? Or should I increase contrast and configure it again?

Associate
Not for the Wi versions....have a look at TFT central's review of the HZ26Wi:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hazro_hz26wi.htm

Do you know of any other source that shows the Wi versions to be higher?

p.s. if anyone wants a cheep HZ24Wi...there's a B-grade one from OcUK for £350 inc vat!:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-001-HO

Edit: ...but it's in silver though....I prefer the black. + dunno what makes it "B-grade" and £100 off... ++ not sure if it's the v2.0/2.1 firmware either...

Last edited:
Associate
ok it's that time of week to ask if anyone has sent back their hz26wi for firmware updates?

Thanks for the great-quality photographs, mrk! I think the design is really stylish and I'm really tempted to buy the HZ26Wi. Yesterday, I sent a webnote to Hazro to enquire when the revised versions will be available to purchase and this was the reply I got:

"Many thanks for showing interest in Hazro monitors. Revised versions of the HZ26Wi models will be available towards the end of this week from all resellers."

Last edited:
Soldato
No that's the old 24W and 26W models, the 24Wi and 26Wi models have the same low input lag.

I've got brightness set to 50 (I can't get lower blacks at anything lower) and contrast at 55. I'm configuring for max luminance as it is, but is there any way to increase luminance like there was previously (increasing all sliders together)? Or should I increase contrast and configure it again?

Agree the 26Wi now has low input lag looking at chart on TFTCentral, but I've seen posts that have pegged the 24Wi as still being a shade over 30ms.

Back
Top Bottom