EA - 99.8% of gamers dont care about DRM

Soldato
I'd say the population of this forum alone counts for more than 0.2% of the PC gaming public :p (just to add, this isn't me saying the population of PC gamers is small, just that the majority on here cared about the DRM)

[EDIT] I'd also like to add that i scoffed at his comment at the end about piracy, sorry to burst your bubble mate but all of your supposedly secure games were cracked on release and heavily downloaded in the first 24 hours. These DRM measures affect no one but the consumer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only becomes an issue when it stops me doing something. I.e. from playing the game on another PC, from selling the game on, or from stopping me using nero which would REALLY annoy me. EA don't care about supporting there games, I'm not bothered to buy them. Shame they seem to be the biggest publisher though.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I buy all ma games and i dont care about DRM because whatever happens i can still play the game so why should i care:)

Its partially the thought behind it, and for some people, it doesn't actually work. Also, why should a 3rd piece of software have the right to make other pieces of software not work?

Permabanned
Its partially the thought behind it, and for some people, it doesn't actually work. Also, why should a 3rd piece of software have the right to make other pieces of software not work?
True bout making other pieces of software not work that is not right. But that has never happened to me and i bet most people don't have that problem but apart from this i don't see a problem with drm.

Soldato
I buy all ma games and i dont care about DRM because whatever happens i can still play the game so why should i care:)

To be fair, pirates would say the same thing. DRM doesn't really affect pirates if they are willing to wait a few weeks or so for someone to crack it.

This might not be a complete lie. 99.8% of gamers probably only rarely play PC games, so they won't care about DRM.

Back
Top Bottom