Asus vintage V3-P5945GC acting weird with ps2/usb mice?

Soldato
I recently bought an Asus vintage barebones system from ocuk for my kids and the first build went perfect. I bought a new sata dvd writer for it and then finally set everything up proper in their room but now things are going awol. It doesnt matter what mouse I use on it they will never work right, the dam pointer just keeps shooting off at random times... I used a linux boot cd to have a basic system running and even in that the mouse goes nuts. Ive tried every single usb port on this dam machine and the sympton persists. It never did it the first time the machine was built so what the hell has happend? Has anyone had the same thing?

EDIT: Bought another usb mouse today, microsoft basic optical and the problem hasnt gone.

Soldato
on a side note, how do you find this barebones ? Put together well? Easy to use? Nice looking?

I had one and found it to be ok. All you have to do is install CPU, memory and drives and its ready to go.

Its also worth mentionong that the supplied PSU was good enough to power an old 6800GT GFX card, and when i popped a Corsair VX450 in there it easily handled my 8800GTX, theres loads of room to fit a loong card such as the GTX in there as the drive bays are higher up :)

Soldato
OP
Building it was a breeze apart from me being fussy about the heatsink I wanted. The rest was easy, nice and quick to build. I think it looks pretty good for a basic barebones, the quality isnt too bad either. Mine had a small scuff on the bottom right but I didnt care because of where it was going to be used, there is a small chance it might get knocked in the future. The psu in mine is a delta of some kind, same company who make those really good fans.

One minor niggle is how they designed the front cover. You can remove it easy enougth but one of the clips fouls up a screw hole used by one of the internal hard drive bays. You either just use 3 screws to mount an hard drive or you have to unclip and move the front forward so it gives some clearance. The steel is generic thin stuff you get these days and tends to vibrate a bit, its nothing compared to my old globalwin 802 or cheiftec dragon, those were built like tanks lol. Above all I would defo buy another one in the future if the need arises :)

Back
Top Bottom