Samsung Omnia I900 owners thread.

Associate
Wow, I get a week out of the battery easy, admittedly I don't use wifi or gps as all my surfing is done on 3g...what's the point in Wifi when 3G is just as fast for browsing!

Soldato
I think my 'phone' connection switches itself off (probably to conserve power?) when I get really low on my battery?

Anyone know anything about this? How to turn it off etc - I'd rather know that I needed to change than the phone just deciding to turn of my network connection... I have to manually going into Wireless Manager and turn phone back on/enter pin etc. Bit annoyed that it happened today actually because I missed two relatively important calls :(

SW.

Soldato
hey which golf gps app do you run?
guldensoft golf gps, its still in beta and if your course isnt listed you can create the front middle and back distances yourself using their goole maps utility. I created mine and its working grand if a little slow at first getting a gps lock.

Associate
I made loads at 240x400 but if you go into the 'Media Album' you've an option to 'Set as today Background' from there!... which then gives you a 'Clip' to move around the photo you chose to get it rite!...

But making 240x400 means you get Exactly what you want on screen!!.. :)

I'll see if I can make a linky to a .zip file of em later!!...

Heres a few to keep you going!.. Clickity... and Clickity...

Sport on Simian, only just got round to reading this now, cheers! :)

Soldato
Well I've read through the whole of the thread and am a little the wiser! 3 questions if I may. I have just got an Omnia from orange which has the following firmware:

PDA - i900XXHG5/MSHG1
Phone - i900XXHG5

Is this the new one, or the good one fot battery life etc?

Secondly, can someone list the best apps, with links, so I can get mine up to something decent.

Lastly, how do I set the camera up to take a decent picture - all mine are blurred!

ps. Like the phone - shame there is no place to store the stylus!

Associate
Wow, I get a week out of the battery easy, admittedly I don't use wifi or gps as all my surfing is done on 3g...what's the point in Wifi when 3G is just as fast for browsing!

Some areas have poor reception for mobile internet or if your in a big insulated building but which has wifi - its all about never not being connected and always having inetz :)

Soldato
Finally an FREE easy way to set up TomTom 7 of the omnia -download portsplitter from

http://www.gpsmeter.com/download/download.php?fname=./portsplitter_mobile6_setup.zip

Install on omnia,

Now if your 'external GPS' settings are on com3 (software), then in port splitter you have to put the same in the 'input port' (it may not be on the drop down but you can type it in the box). Then in the port splitter you put another port (line com7 for example) in the 'output' port. Finally in tt7 under 'configure' GPS settings you select this 'port splitter com7' port in the final step and enjoy~!! it works!

I have all the extra gps stuff turned off and I got a fix in about a minute.

Hope that helps, got it off another forum so no credit to me!

Associate
I've just read through this post and was wondering if anyone can answer me these questions;

1. I read about how it goes into standby/black screen when you have the WIFI on, of which when you press the button for it to come back on it doesn't, I have this issue, although some times it does come back on, is their a fix yet?

2. GPS, very annoying when it tries to connect to this when my WIFI drops, any solutions on how to turn this off?

3. Alarm, is it actually possible for your alarm to sound when the mobile is turned off? or do I have to keep my mobile turned on through-out the night?

4. After deleting programs in my Task Manager they are still showing up in my program history, anyway to delete them?

5. My clock keeps resetting when I turn it on/off, any ways to fix?

Please don't jump on my back for asking these :)

Associate
I have just had a read through a lot of this thread as I have just ordered an Omnia (16GB) from Orange, to sell. Has anyone had a branded or simlocked omnia?

Any logo branding whatsoever? I know these questions have been asked but there is another bloke on ebay who is saying his Orange Omnia has a logo, when others here are saying there isn't one?

Cheers

Man of Honour
I have just had a read through a lot of this thread as I have just ordered an Omnia (16GB) from Orange, to sell. Has anyone had a branded or simlocked omnia?

Any logo branding whatsoever? I know these questions have been asked but there is another bloke on ebay who is saying his Orange Omnia has a logo, when others here are saying there isn't one?

Cheers

Voda has a big logo on startup and various icons through their firmware.

Soldato
Maybe a silly question but where did you get tt7 from?
Finally an FREE easy way to set up TomTom 7 of the omnia -download portsplitter from

http://www.gpsmeter.com/download/download.php?fname=./portsplitter_mobile6_setup.zip

Install on omnia,

Now if your 'external GPS' settings are on com3 (software), then in port splitter you have to put the same in the 'input port' (it may not be on the drop down but you can type it in the box). Then in the port splitter you put another port (line com7 for example) in the 'output' port. Finally in tt7 under 'configure' GPS settings you select this 'port splitter com7' port in the final step and enjoy~!! it works!

I have all the extra gps stuff turned off and I got a fix in about a minute.

Hope that helps, got it off another forum so no credit to me!

Soldato
Thought so, I only asked as ive seen adverts with tt-like software running but no sign of it with the actual handset though Ive heard in germany etc a second cd came supplied with satnav software.

Associate
I have TT7 running on my omnia, and its excellent. I have not has any faults yet with my omnia, but im still within my 14 days. So is there anything I should check to see if my handset has any issues doing certain tasks?

Associate
After about 20 mins the screen came back on by itself and showed WiFi connected. Then went back to sleep. Left it again, but no problems waking the screen up. Is there any other faults to try?

It doesnt seem to get a great WiFi signal, is there anyway to improve this. Im only in the other room from the router and my laptop has full signal and the omnia only 2 bars?

Back
Top Bottom