• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Beautiful pair of E8400

Associate
:)

Yesterday I got two E8400 E0's with Asus P5Q-E and 4gigs of Corsair XMS2 6400C5, Palit 4850 Sonic, Arctic Freezer Extreme, and Antec 900 for each system.

Right off the boot, 444x9 at 1.34v hitting 4ghz, for both of them.

Really happy to see both systems hitting it the first try, both running OCCT, been 12+ hours now.

One system peaks at 55 degrees for both cores, the other at 60.

I'm just happy to see them run so well, had to post.

:D

Associate
These wolfdales amaze me, I have just bought a E8500 which i currently have at 3.8ghz, took me 5 mins to overclock and a couple of hours to get the voltage down as low as possible. Temps reach 48C max. Could go further but I see no need for now. The Q6600 I had before that barely reached 3ghz and ran so hot it always concerned me.

E8500 is the best thing i've purchased in a long time ...

Associate
Nice clock hope mine can do that when it arrives

Where did you buy them from? is there a way to tell from the box what stepping it is?

Edit: it looks like the Eo stepping is S-spec SLB9J kappanic can you confirm this?

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
:)

Yesterday I got two E8400 E0's with Asus P5Q-E and 4gigs of Corsair XMS2 6400C5, Palit 4850 Sonic, Arctic Freezer Extreme, and Antec 900 for each system.

Right off the boot, 444x9 at 1.34v hitting 4ghz, for both of them.

Really happy to see both systems hitting it the first try, both running OCCT, been 12+ hours now.

One system peaks at 55 degrees for both cores, the other at 60.

I'm just happy to see them run so well, had to post.

:D

Very nice overclocking! :D

Nice clock hope mine can do that when it arrives

Where did you buy them from? is there a way to tell from the box what stepping it is?

Edit: it looks like the Eo stepping is S-spec SLB9J kappanic can you confirm this?

thanks

Yup the SLB9J is the E0 stepping version of the E8400

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLB9J

Associate
Yep SLB9J is the one.

Got mine two days ago from oc.

Havent even touched the volts (showing 1.15 in cpu-z) and am up to 4ghz (445*9, WC). I expect to get this chip to near 5ghz in the coming days ;) .

Associate
Why is it amazing ? 2 years ago we had 3.6-3.8 ghz stable under air ?

These wolfdales amaze me, I have just bought a E8500 which i currently have at 3.8ghz, took me 5 mins to overclock and a couple of hours to get the voltage down as low as possible. Temps reach 48C max. Could go further but I see no need for now. The Q6600 I had before that barely reached 3ghz and ran so hot it always concerned me.

I think its more a question of how easy it is to reach high speeds with these chips rather than just processing power (ghz). 5 minutes to reach 3.8 with room for an improved overclock is pretty good i think :)

Associate
Recently changed to an Asus Maximus 2 board and an 8400 EO cpu.
Currently at 4.2Ghz 467*9 at 1.268Volts.
I found that my EO stepping runs at lower volts than the faulty CO I had previously (duff temp sensor).
Fantastic chip.

CPUz will show what stepping the chip is.
Confirm that SLB9J is an EO as that is what my chip is.

Matt

Last edited:
Associate
I think its more a question of how easy it is to reach high speeds with these chips rather than just processing power (ghz). 5 minutes to reach 3.8 with room for an improved overclock is pretty good i think :)

Hit the nail on the head of exactly what I was trying to get across.

Associate
OP
You should be able to tweak the voltages down a little more. Especially as its an E0. Apologies if you have already done it.

My C0 will hit 4Ghz with 1.318v completely stable and temps not above 60c.

Yes, kinda busy in the last few days,

I should start lowering voltages, would be nice to see what I can get since I have two identical CPUs, compete and see which one is the better one. :)

Soldato
Hmm maybe I was just unlucky as my C0 8400 Struggles to be stable over 3.5GHz, even that requires 1.325v. Tried everything to get it to 4GHz, computer literally says no.

Back
Top Bottom