DELL XPS M1530

Associate
That's definitely pretty bad. Mine has no bleed whatsoever so you should get it sorted out.
Thanks for the confirmation, can i ask, do you notice anything using high performance mode, or with the AC adaptor plugged in? At lower brightness settings i don't get any bleed, so it would be good to confirm this.

just called Dell, got a foreigner on the phone. At first she was no help whatsoever and said this was not a problem, it's within spec, i even sent the pic to her. I got a little angry with this and asked to speak to the manager. He was very helpful and after realizing i was not going to accept that the problem was within working tolerances he has arranged a technician to come on thursday to replace the screen. I've also asked that he attach a note to request an LG panel, but theres no promise.

Overall i'm happy with Dells customer support, but we will see how it goes on thursday, as they may put in an even worse screen for all i know!

Soldato
I was looking at buy a xps1530, but have since been put off by reading up on the 8600m gt problems, i have since been looking at possible purchasing a 1730, or looking at the purple company refurb website, which seems to offer better spec toshiba laptops for about the same price. Im so undecided what to do its driving me nuts.

Associate
Thanks for the confirmation, can i ask, do you notice anything using high performance mode, or with the AC adaptor plugged in? At lower brightness settings i don't get any bleed, so it would be good to confirm this.

just called Dell, got a foreigner on the phone. At first she was no help whatsoever and said this was not a problem, it's within spec, i even sent the pic to her. I got a little angry with this and asked to speak to the manager. He was very helpful and after realizing i was not going to accept that the problem was within working tolerances he has arranged a technician to come on thursday to replace the screen. I've also asked that he attach a note to request an LG panel, but theres no promise.

Overall i'm happy with Dells customer support, but we will see how it goes on thursday, as they may put in an even worse screen for all i know!

Get the engineer to check the part he brings with him, if it's not a LG then don't let him replace the screen, instead get him to ring through to his support and order a LG screen. Thats what I had to do, on the second visit the engineer had a LG screen .... let him install it, world of difference from my original AUO screen. :)

Still happy with it :)

Associate
Get the engineer to check the part he brings with him, if it's not a LG then don't let him replace the screen, instead get him to ring through to his support and order a LG screen. Thats what I had to do, on the second visit the engineer had a LG screen .... let him install it, world of difference from my original AUO screen. :)

Still happy with it :)
good advice, i'll try this. cheers mate.

Soldato
Just to let you know that Dell Outlet have started the free delivery and £55 off your order again as of 17 October 2008. You can get really good deals if you look at the site regularly. I got my Studio 15 for a total of £311 delivered and im loving the machine so far!

Soldato
I was thinking about getting a M1530 form the Dell Outlet site but im not really sure, i read that it just products that people order but didnt like or over productions so there is like no products that have been fixed or something. Anyone want to post some of the experience with Dell outlet laptops please.

Associate
Just in case anyone can't find the right model, I got mine from Tesco of all places.

£549 for a T5450, 2GB, 8600GT model

Have now upgraded via eBay to a T9300 and 4GB Ram. Running very nicely now.

I haven't read all 33 pages but successfully undervolted and cut temps by 10 degrees on the CPU as per this article here http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=235824.

RMCLock is great and shows some nice stats in the tray as well.

Soldato
:mad::mad::mad:

Annoyed.

Despite stating they'd call before delivery I never received a call and they tried to deliver, nobody home, so they have sent my lappy back to dell. Got to wait until next thursday now.

I had a similar issue, although I called Dell myself and they gave me the expected delivery date, also you can see the date on the Walsh Western site too

Mines at home now....waiting for me...

Soldato
I just brought a XPS M1530 form the Dell outlet for £502

T8100 (2.10 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache)
Windows Vista SP Home Premium
15.4" Widescreen WXGA
NVIDIA® GeForce Go 8600M GT
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2
320GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive

What do you guys think =D

Soldato

15.4" Widescreen WXGA

Thats a fantastic price for that spec. You did select the £55 off option in the checkout yes?

Soldato
Thats a fantastic price for that spec. You did select the £55 off option in the checkout yes?

Yea i saw just hoping form something that had less spec for £600, when i found it i was soo happy, now im gonna buy a nice router so i can 0 lag. How long does it normal take, they said it will take 4 days for my moms card to clear the 5 days to delivery it.

Soldato
I posted a few months ago about a problem booting into XP (takes ages to load or won't at all) well the same thing has cropped up again and I have a new drive in there now.

In normal mode it won't go to windows at all, and in Safe Mode it BSODs "The video driver failed to initialize" :(

Associate
I eventually managed to get my order sorted when Dell rang me at work yesterday. Seems my card didn't authorize the payment online (maybe cos I was using a debit card instead of a credit card?). I gave the operator the same card number over the phone & when I got home I had the Order Acknowledgment email waiting for me and my bank account has now been debited. Still waiting for the Order Confirmation email though.

T5750 2.0GHz
15.4" WXGA+ (1440 x 900)
250 GB HD
Dell Wireless 1395 Mini-Card 802.11 b/g
3 GB Ram
6-cell battery
256MB GeForce 8600M GT
Vista SP1 Home Premium
+
XPS1530 Large Nylon Carrying Case

£567.47 total (inc vat & delivery)

Have now upgraded via eBay to a T9300

Exactly what I'm planning to do at a later date (I just wanted a cheapish spec with a 1440 x 900 screen to begin with).

Associate
I eventually managed to get my order sorted when Dell rang me at work yesterday. Seems my card didn't authorize the payment online (maybe cos I was using a debit card instead of a credit card?). I gave the operator the same card number over the phone & when I got home I had the Order Acknowledgment email waiting for me and my bank account has now been debited. Still waiting for the Order Confirmation email though.

T5750 2.0GHz
15.4" WXGA+ (1440 x 900)
250 GB HD
Dell Wireless 1395 Mini-Card 802.11 b/g
3 GB Ram
6-cell battery
256MB GeForce 8600M GT
Vista SP1 Home Premium
+
XPS1530 Large Nylon Carrying Case

£567.47 total (inc vat & delivery)

Exactly what I'm planning to do at a later date (I just wanted a cheapish spec with a 1440 x 900 screen to begin with).

That seems a bit expensive when you could have got a better spec from the Dell Outlet, like this guy has.....

15.4" Widescreen WXGA

Back
Top Bottom