Help Needed !

Associate
Hi Guys i recently tried to install some new Ram into my Mobo & didn't seat one of the sticks properly & when i tried booting it up it started for a few seconds then it auto shut down so i noticed my error & seated the 2nd stick properly & tried again this time it booted upto the NVRAM checking > Ok part then failed again i did this several times & tried 1 stick etc swapped them etc but i think they are incompatible so for some unknown reason i thought it would be a good idea to remove the Cmos Battery & put the old ram back in and reboot which i did & it rebooted fine > Except now all my USB ports don't work ??
I suppose what i'm getting at is have i shagged the Mobo or do i need to do something to get the USB's working again i went into the Bios settings and both USB 1.1 & 2.0 are enabled so i would have thought they would just work?

Please help :confused:

AMD 939 3800+ X2
Mobo - A8N-VM

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Right thanks for all the help guys :rolleyes:

It gets slightly more confusing now I've replaced the PSU as a friend of mine said that could be a possible cause & to my surprise it worked & the USB's are now working fine.
Except i keep getting random Blue Screen of Death Errors usually citing something like an IRQ5 error and also noticed something down the bottom of the error relating to a Usb error.

So basically my Question is would a Cmos jumper Reset or Bios Flash help this & are any idiot guides for my type of Mobo how to go about this ?

Permabanned
yo piston, i would recomend a hard bcmos reset to see if that helps. Basically turn all power off from pc, then remove battery from mobo, plug in power, switch on , then switch off , replace battery and boot.

Back
Top Bottom