• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ati 3650 problems

Associate
I recently upgraded from an nvidia 6800 ultra to an ati 3650 agp the only game i play is everquest 2 and ive seen no performance increase at all in fact it may be running abit worse. It seems to be pushing certain effects onto the game even though i have turned them all off in CCC. I had a nightmare finding drivers and used the ones from the saphire website as the ones from ati are only pci-e. Could anyone help me abit as its really annoying now.

Man of Honour
Did you uninstall the Nvidia drivers and then use driver sweeper to clear out the remnants? Uninstall the ATI drivers, run driver sweeper to get rid of all traces of Nvidia and ATI drivers and then install the latest ATI drivers. You get the ATI drivers from here. Latest are 8.10's.

As a side note, the 3650 is not a good step up from a 6800Ultra as it's about the same as a 6800GT, and that's the DDR3 version of the 3650. The DDR2 version is slightly worse. It's really not a gaming card anyway.

Man of Honour
those drivers dont work on the ati forums as there for the pci-e cards which agp card would you recommend.

Did'nt actually realise there were seperate drivers for agp and pci-e. In that case i don't know then. I have been skipping a couple of drivers as i went from 8.1 to 8.5 and then to 8.10 but my 3850 is pci-e. Not had any problems with any of them.

Associate
Just download the latest driver from ATI site and use it cause ATI latest AGP cards are native PCI Express part anyway, they are just bridged using ati PCI Express to AGP Rialto chipset in order to work in AGP..In fact im using catalyst version 8.1 for my ATI 3850 AGP card for FAH without CCC though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom