Relationships and money

Soldato
Firstly, leave out the willy waving remarks. It's not intended that way

Together we pull in around 7k a month...BUT

We're busy building a house in Austria, paying a flat in Greece and are about to sign a mortgage for a place in the Tatras mountains in Slovakia for our ski holidays

If it wasnt intended that way you would have just mentioned you have a lot of outgoing debts :p

RE: your "problem" :rolleyes:

Just sounds like you are well under the thumb tbh.

Her, social worker. They can quite a bit of money

hrmmm... not working for our government they dont... btw "quite a bit of money" im thinking at least 50k +

Soldato
Yup, you have some serious problems in your life Regulus, 7K a month, soon to have 4 propeties, a sucessful career and a partner who cares enough to think about your joint future.

Yeah, you should probably suicide now or something.

Associate
Why is it so wrong that this guy can't have a new TV and a new PC. :mad:

It's not "wrong" but he needs to discuss it with his partner and explain how he feels about it to her. It's no good just buying anything you want - that's not going to help in building and maintaining a strong relationship at all.

Soldato
I pay all the house bills in our house, mortgage/loans/direct debits. She pays food/clothes/holidays, together we take about 5000 a month, enough to let me buy what i want when i want it.

You earn the bulk of the money, i dont see how she can dictate to you if you want to spend some of it on a few toys, maybe she considers it her money.

We keep our money separate and it works well, im considering upgrading my 42" Plasma to a 52" LCD at the moment and I havent told her, she will just come home one day and see a new TV sitting there, and are old tv hanging on our bedroom wall.

Permabanned
It's not "wrong" but he needs to discuss it with his partner and explain how he feels about it to her. It's no good just buying anything you want - that's not going to help in building and maintaining a strong relationship at all.

Why not? I've been with my wife for 16 years and married for 11 years. I've always bought goodies and she gets the hump sometimes, but still loves me, like I expect the OP missus would.

I'm not suggesting suprise her with a new big purchase every other week without telling her, but the OP shouldnt have to ask if he wants something. He obviously works hard so is entitled to a present for himself. Isn't he?

Permabanned
I pay all the house bills in our house, mortgage/loans/direct debits. She pays food/clothes/holidays, together we take about 5000 a month, enough to let me buy what i want when i want it.

You earn the bulk of the money, i dont see how she can dictate to you if you want to spend some of it on a few toys, maybe she considers it her money.

We keep our money separate and it works well, im considering upgrading my 42" Plasma to a 52" LCD at the moment and I havent told her, she will just come home one day and see a new TV sitting there, and are old tv hanging on our bedroom wall.

LOL - I like your style! :)

Soldato
Is it your company regulus? What sort of scheme are you involved in am doing my civils master part time atm.

In my opinion on your situation though, I'd just remind her that you realise that its important to invest/pay off your debts but at the same time you never know whats going to happen round the corner. Your only on this planet once my friend enjoy it whilst your here but of course remind her that you love her very much so I recommend buying her a nice present at the same time to soften the blow. :)

Aero

Back
Top Bottom