PES 2009

Soldato
OP
playing my house mate in game to game level is fine, online seems better, but gutted that all the stats and players are out of date, become a legend is something new but crazy hard to score IMO, online seems much better than 08 but for depends on the time of the day, i often can't connect for some reason. just wish the players were upto date, you would have thought they would have done the big transfers Berba at utd??? - look forward to a patch ironing out the issues peeps are getting on here and on pesfan. seems to be a ew but i'm still a fan!

Soldato
Ive just tried the PC version of Fifa 09, and its the worst football game I've ever played, its shoddy and poorly put together in every respect, plays the worst game of football possible.

I'm not really fussed about which is prettier, what does PES play like?

Associate
Never mind all the nay-sayers who seemingly love to come out the woodwork & make stuff up for each PES/FIFA release depending on what mood they're in.
And never mind the folks saying it's so easy to score, when all they play is Barcelona/Manure/Chelski.

For someone who's played and enjoyed previous PES games, this game is the best yet. Legend mode is the most fun I've had playing footy on the PC and hasn't crashed - and I'm in my 3rd season.

It's an amazing game, and I'm amazed by all the doomcryers, or is that just cryers, screaming about how it's not the game for them. Shame that like.

3rd season :eek: Mine crashed on the 10th week. What operating system and graphics card are you using ?

Your right it an amazing game, i'm really enjoying it.

Associate
Ive just tried the PC version of Fifa 09, and its the worst football game I've ever played, its shoddy and poorly put together in every respect, plays the worst game of football possible.

Plays like you favourite band :D

Soldato
I have just downloaded the demo and am a bit dissapointed :(

I find it hard to control and the various bugs make it annoying as the players don't seem to react and watch the ball go past them.
- Player switching is somehow worse than it's ever been.
- passing is so poor now, with the ball frequently going to completely the wrong player. Or through balls going at the most ridiculous angles when a simple ball would have put you through on goal.
- I've seen a red card for my team or the COM in pretty much every other game so far, even though there's hardly been a bad tackle.
- Goalkeepers are woeful. Parrying the ball to the opposition, standing watching the ball roll past them I even managed to just pass the ball through the keepers legs while he did the splits to let it trundle in at the near post - the worst thing being i wasn't even shooting, i was trying to pass accross the 6 yard box to my unmarked striker.
- Players constantly refuse to react to a loose ball, or are stunned for a second after a minor collision. Meanwhile, the COM team are completely unaffected.They also run past the ball, or don't react to intercept as a pass goes right in front of them.
- Seems that often i'll play a through pass behind the defense, only for my striker to refuse to run for a brief period allowing the defenders to easily catch him.
I have noticed the above and I've only been playing the demo for a hour or so :(
I am now thinking about downloading the fifa demo just so I can properly compare the two, but so far PES doesn't seem that good.

I also noticed tearing on players on replays :(

Soldato
how can anyone say legends mode is fun, the lack of control you have over the game is appauling. The passes all go astray etc, and thats when computer controlled players do pass to you.
It would be much better if you could do what you do on fifa, call for ball to feet, call for through ball, call for shot, call for lobbed ball. Fair enough if Pes wants the realistic game approach, more of a sim, that would be great if the AI wasnt so utterly ****.

Associate

Its terrible isn't it. PES plays better on the PC than fifa. I would download the demo of PES but bare in mind the full game is slightly more responsive and easier to score (in my opinion). The game isn't as good as the console FIFA 09 but its an improvement on last years. It still has its fun moments but there are glaring flaws in the game which have already been stated in the thread

Soldato
The crowd noise is terrible, I played a 20min match and the crowd chanted the same word over and over for the whole match (no idea what the chant was as it sounded distorted & muffled), only pausing to cheer whenever the ball went in the back of the net before starting the same chant back up again.

Hopefully an evolution patch will sort this out, but i expected a bit more than this..

oh, and trying to score from a diagonal run pfff...

Last edited:
Associate
The crowd chants have been terrible for years now. They decided not to include 'import chants' feature in the PC version for some reason. Good job the editing boffins know their stuff. I'm sure they will sort that aspect out like they sort most other aspects of the game

Associate
To compare PES with Fifa is just disturbing!

Last week I was playing Fifa 08 on the PS3 and kept thinking to myself why anyone would buy trash like this?
probably 8 - 16 years olds.

I can't believe how some of you complain about how unresponsive the control and players are in the game, have you even played Fifa?

Complain about chanting? ...gimme a break, just play the game.

Soldato
I dont get why they dont just really tweak the gameplay and AI, try to get the magic back of the classics and put the rest of their effort into making the game as open ended as possible to make the editing etc easier and the game more mod friendly, lets face it the community is extremely active, though with poorer quality games less people are interesting in creating content.

Soldato
i agree, audio adds to immersion of the game.
Accepting the half arsed versions season after season is a massive problem, sales need to drop tbh, people need to see past the awful gimmicks.

Soldato
OP
i defended this when it first came out last week, but after losing 4 - 1 online due to lagging and then playing a 20 min match with my mate and hearing this chant gave me a headache i'm well peeded off

Soldato
I've just been playing the fifa demo and I found fifa is ok, but I like some stuff in PES better :)

The graphics seem better in PES and the camera angle & replays seem better.

Because of the graphics, I really want to like PES but the gameplay doesn't seem to be quite there, mostly due to the bugs people mentioned above. I'm still not sure which one to buy tho :(

I think I'll probably just leave them both installed and play between them :)

Soldato
I've just been playing the fifa demo and I found fifa is ok, but I like some stuff in PES better :)

The graphics seem better in PES and the camera angle & replays seem better.

Because of the graphics, I really want to like PES but the gameplay doesn't seem to be quite there, mostly due to the bugs people mentioned above. I'm still not sure which one to buy tho :(

I think I'll probably just leave them both installed and play between them :)

Be a pro on fifa has better camera than pro's legends tbh, though it takes a little getting used to.
I agree both have their good points but both are riddled with many more bad points for my liking.

Soldato
how can anyone say legends mode is fun, the lack of control you have over the game is appauling. The passes all go astray etc, and thats when computer controlled players do pass to you.
It would be much better if you could do what you do on fifa, call for ball to feet, call for through ball, call for shot, call for lobbed ball. Fair enough if Pes wants the realistic game approach, more of a sim, that would be great if the AI wasnt so utterly ****.

You can call for the ball in Pes09, works for me.

Soldato
It does work, but its nowhere near as responsive or diverse as fifas, atleast on fifa you actually get to choose what type of ball you get, eliminating the need for AI to figure which is going to be the best, which lets face it neither game has AI capable of doing.

Back
Top Bottom