LittleBigPlanet - Play, Create and Share.

Soldato
One of Sonys big games of the year and they screw up! Will Sony ever recover from being a laughing stock?!

Disclaimer: This is MY opinion and yes i do have a PS3 so don't call me a M$ fan boy :)

Soldato
Anyway, I am sure if there was content in there that upset Catholics etc, and people complained it would get removed/delayed in a similar way.

Sorry to continue this debate, but i couldn't help but remember this when i read that sentence:

The Church of England is considering legal action against entertainment firm Sony for featuring Manchester Cathedral in a violent PlayStation video game.

The Church says Sony did not obtain permission to use the interior in the war game Resistance: Fall of Man.

This makes me think maybe you're right about the fact that LBP is aimed at a younger audience so they're taking complaints more seriously as nothing came of the above complaint. Or maybe it is just plain old double standards as pseudo said, i guess we can only speculate.

At the end of the day it only means i've got another 7 days to complete ratchet & clank and resistance before LBP comes out.

Associate
The Manchester thing was nonsense. It started off with blaming Resistance for rising gun crime in Manchester. But nice to see people spin into something it was not.

Zack & Wiki was delayed to remove Allah Akbar and Paper Mario was also delayed to remove the term Spastic. Like LBP it makes sense to delay the games. A patch does not answer parents and retailers concerns.

Soldato
so much fuss over so little. ive been very surprised by the comments not just here but at many other sites. end of the day we will get the same game MM intended to make. its not delayed by years like duke nukem forever has been,

Associate
i think you are not seeing how important faith is to some ppl. ok let me put it this way. if i had a daughter i would rather have her up on a billboard portrayed in the sickest filthiest manner than have Quranic versus mixed in with music in a game, do you see where im coming from now. language and cultural barrier nah, this barrier being crossed at the mo with the music and Quran is some next level barrier that a lot of ppl dont even know about.

Hi,

I get the religion thing and the beliefs, what I don't get is how you could possibly say the above, yet still:

1) be posting this on a computer.
2) via the internet.
3) regarding a game that you have to purchase and open, then...
4) that will run on a console that really you shouldn't own?
5) that also will plug into a tv that you really shouldn't be watching?

I also understand your comment has nothing to do with the above as it is regarding the content and that it regards just knowing it exists. Yet how you put your point across is pretty disturbing, and since you seem to do all of the above do you get to choose which parts of your religion you adheer to or can ignore?

Back on topic, I myself am looking forward to the game :)

PS: When I say I get it, I mean I understand how some can see religion, I don't see it that way at all personally, my daughters are more important than anything else :)

Last edited:
Soldato
i think you are not seeing how important faith is to some ppl. ok let me put it this way. if i had a daughter i would rather have her up on a billboard portrayed in the sickest filthiest manner than have Quranic versus mixed in with music in a game, do you see where im coming from now. language and cultural barrier nah, this barrier being crossed at the mo with the music and Quran is some next level barrier that a lot of ppl dont even know about.

That's just sick man and I'm sure the majority of people on here won't see where you're coming from with a comment like that. :(

I honestly pray that you never have a daughter with that attitude, it's people like you that give your religion a bad name seriously, I don't need religion or some law to define whether you would be ethically/morally right/wrong in your stance on this, all I need is a dash of common sense and open ear to my heart, if you can honestly tell me that you can close your eyes and quietly ponder on what you've just said and not feel anything in your mind/body crying out to you that it's ultimately wrong then your ill.

Last edited:
Soldato
I honestly pray that you never have a daughter with that attitude, it's people like you that give your religion a bad name seriously, I don't need religion or some law to define whether you would be ethically/morally right/wrong in your stance on this, all I need is a dash of common sense and open ear to my heart, if you can honestly tell me that you can close your eyes and quietly ponder on what you've just said and not feel anything in your mind/body crying out to you that it's ultimately wrong then your ill.

I have to agree. What an utterly pathetic attitude. That is not faith.

Soldato

+1.

The more and more you say, the more I think it's better for all parties involved that you (don't get me wrong, I mean you personally, not muslims) don't breed.

Soldato
I think that muggs was just trying to make a point as to just how important this is to him - maybe he should have thought that statement through a little more before posting though as people always take offence when it comes to bringing children into things and especially in that manner. I get his point though, the Quran and his religion is THE most important thing in his life.

I think MM are probably more scared than sympathetic though tbh. They would more than likely get death threats from extremists if they left the song in the game and then in the present day and age I wouldn't put it past an extremist following through - it's not like they can go into hiding like Salman Rushdie is it!!!

I'm an Atheist just for the record ;)

Soldato
If music vs islamic verse is such a big deal...then muslims could perhaps..y'know... just not play the game if it's that offensive?
I like nothing better on a Friday night to drop a phatt beat and rap the Qur'an.

It flows so much better than the Old Testament fo' shizzle.

/gangsta.

Associate
If music vs islamic verse is such a big deal...then muslims could perhaps..y'know... just not play the game if it's that offensive?

That logic wouldn't exactly make good business sense for Sony though would it. They want as many people as possible to buy their game and the muslim population is pretty significant, so this move makes sense.

Soldato
Are people not more disturbed at the actual lines that have been extracted from the Qur'an?

Surely the main issue would be that those lines exist in the first place? Rather than Muslims be the ones that are offended because they don't like music :p

Back
Top Bottom