• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

QX9770 vs Q9650

Soldato
I would go with Q9550 as well.price diffence alone justifies the saving!

Don't think paying for the unlocked multi-if you can afford one then surley your have a good enough board to put it in!

Soldato
I had a QX9650 (C0) and i couldnt get it stable at 4Ghz with 1.4v and i didnt want to go any higher.

Im having much more fun with the Q9650 :)

I would only go for the QX if you are using extreme cooling and are looking to hit around 5Ghz, if you are using air/water the Q9550/Q9650 could be a better choice.

Soldato
I had a qx9650 and could not get it stable above 4.1..now I have a q9650 and its oh so fun :)

the unlocked multi was nice but tbh it didnt do much good and the price on extreme chips is just ridiculous.

Only clocked the q9650 for about an hour but already got it at 4.2ghz

Permabanned
I received my QX9650 and its a difficult chip to get stable! Temp sensors are out too and the IHS isnt as flat as it could be!

Its taken me 3 hours to get it to do Quad PRIME95 for more than 10 minutes @ 4ghz.

Quite a frustrating chips really - but I'm startinf to enjoy her! LOL

Associate
the qx9770 is probably better due to the unlocked multi so not so much of a fsb problem

But that's irrelevant isn't it, as all quad core CPU's are struggling to go over 4.2/3ghz aren't they due to the FSB wall problem that people seem to be getting...Or am i wrong.

I'd stick to a 9650 because as i said even with the 9770 your not going to be able to overclock paste 4.2/3 ghz even on water.

Associate
But that's irrelevant isn't it, as all quad core CPU's are struggling to go over 4.2/3ghz aren't they due to the FSB wall problem that people seem to be getting...Or am i wrong.

I'd stick to a 9650 because as i said even with the 9770 your not going to be able to overclock paste 4.2/3 ghz even on water.

that is the whole idea of using an unlocked multi, to keep the fsb down use a higher multi.

my qx9650 used to run 4.6ghz on water no problem.

Associate
That's a bit tight isn't it? Considering the actual physical differences between the chips (which I can't think are any larger than a couple of transistors being different) and the price difference?

Back
Top Bottom