Project Darkness by StevenG - Lian Li PC-V2010B

RJC

RJC

Don
Looking forward to this will keep an eye (or 2) on this thread.
Prefer the re-designed window, seems to look softer and matches the panel with the rounded edge.

Soldato
OP

Okay Okay, which design for the window do you guys like best.. which ever you decide will be done as i just cant make up my mind. the 2nd revision matches the front fan grill and the 3rd (the one in this post) matches the lines round the rad grills

StevenG

Last edited:
Associate
Yes the latest one just ties the design in well, Id go for it:)

Oh Btw check you can route your HD header all the way to the sound card because mine isnt long enough without going through the main part of the case (messy)!

Soldato
OP
Update 3

Okay after the feedback ive decided to go with the latest window with one with the lines on the left and right and not all the way round.

as you can see the fans will be in the middle and i'll show some pics of how the pump/rads will be connected later in the week.

Thanks for your comments and be sure to keep watching this space.

StevenG

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay Okay, which design for the window do you guys like best.. which ever you decide will be done as i just cant make up my mind. the 2nd revision matches the front fan grill and the 3rd (the one in this post) matches the lines round the rad grills StevenG

I like this one Steven, BUT i would copy the border design of the window, to the bottom vent design, so they match?

finalpanel3.jpg

Soldato
steven is this the lian li case that you see in so many pics that needs to have the PSU half hanging out of the case?

That first routing hole for the psu cable looks very near the rear of the case in that pic, if so any plans to mod this so the PSU is sitting fully inside the case?

Soldato
OP
steven is this the lian li case that you see in so many pics that needs to have the PSU half hanging out of the case?

That first routing hole for the psu cable looks very near the rear of the case in that pic, if so any plans to mod this so the PSU is sitting fully inside the case?

the psu will be fully in the case i dont do extrnal parts..

im using the small silverstone psu as you get a small footprint and large power output so shouldnt have this problem.

its a full size case so i cant see why anyone would need to have the psu half hanging out.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Update 4 - Pump & Rad Testing

okay so i got into work today and recieved a nice parcel from *competitor* so opened it up to find a Dual DDC Pump Top and some 90 Degree Barbs.

Decided to test how restrictive the 90 Degrees were so setup the loop below to find that the pumps POWER THROUGH everything i threw at it and even managed to cause some serious activity in the res. pics below.

more to come at a later date, going to get some rad mounts made in the next few days to get some precise measurements for the tube holes in the middle divide in the case.

Comments always welcome

StevenG

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Final Designs - Thes ones that will be on the panel

a few people said that the lines round the window would look better if they matched the thickness of the ones around the grill at the bottom so ive added that and for the perfectionists out there i re-drew all the holes.

i will be taking delivery of some custom rad mounts and my 2nd radiator early next week so will have some updates for you and then hopefully i'll be able to get the cuts and holes where i need them and get it all sent off to be machined, powdered and anodised.

thanks for the comments so far i hope i can make this better than my last build.

StevenG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom