Tough one - Antec 900 Water cooled build!!

Soldato
It is Alphacool Cape Coolplex Pro 25 Reservoir. - it's not attached physically to the grill yet but a couple of cable ties will do the job.

Nice, if I can't get all the air bubbles out of my loop I may go for this.

I was originally planning on an internal res, but I don't think I have the room!

FWIW, the 120.3 is working pretty well. The rad fans are around 500rpm when idle, and ramp up to 800rpm under intel burn. Core temps never go above 70, and this is at 3.6GHz with 1.375Vcore. :) I'm hoping once he last of the air bubbles are out the temps may go a degree or two lower...

Soldato
OP
Nice, if I can't get all the air bubbles out of my loop I may go for this.

I was originally planning on an internal res, but I don't think I have the room!

FWIW, the 120.3 is working pretty well. The rad fans are around 500rpm when idle, and ramp up to 800rpm under intel burn. Core temps never go above 70, and this is at 3.6GHz with 1.375Vcore. :) I'm hoping once he last of the air bubbles are out the temps may go a degree or two lower...

great vcore - i'm needing 1.525v drooping to 1.456v :)eek::eek:) under load to get to 3.4ghz

Soldato
great vcore - i'm needing 1.525v drooping to 1.456v :)eek::eek:) under load to get to 3.4ghz
I managed to pick up a rather nice chip, VID of 1.2 (I think), and the previous owner managed to bench it at 4GHz! I've actually set it to 1.3875V in the bios as I'm getting some droop under load also, also having 8gb means I've got to play it safe with the FSB...

I'm more than happy with 3.6GHz tho and rather have a quiet and slightly slower system over a bleeding edge super fast system that sounds like a jet engine. :)

Associate
Well, I was gonna make a new thread but I thought it would be better to add to this one, as I'm watercooling the Antec 900 also.

120.3 is in! Plenty of room! :D
imgp1621wk1.jpg

Front:
imgp1622qv4.jpg

Cheers for the painting black idea booyaka, I agree it looks nicer in black. ;)

Sorry to thread spam

Is that a Thermochill 120.3 you've got in the front of your case?

Only asking because I was thinking about putting one in myself,but was'nt quite sure if it would fit?

Soldato
Sorry to thread spam

Is that a Thermochill 120.3 you've got in the front of your case?

Only asking because I was thinking about putting one in myself,but was'nt quite sure if it would fit?

I think it's a thermochill pa120.3, is there a way of telling? I got it off MM ages ago and think the seller said it was a thermo chill but I'm not 100% sure... :o

I do actually have around 10-20mm of free space above the rad, so it's not an amazingly tight fit...

Associate
I think it's a thermochill pa120.3, is there a way of telling? I got it off MM ages ago and think the seller said it was a thermo chill but I'm not 100% sure... :o

I do actually have around 10-20mm of free space above the rad, so it's not an amazingly tight fit...

Cheers for the reply :)

Aint got a clue if there's any way of telling or not?

Might just buy one anyhow as I could do with replacing my Black ice 240 in the front of mine.

Really liking yours and booyaka's set ups :cool:

Soldato
Cheers for the reply :)

Aint got a clue if there's any way of telling or not?

Might just buy one anyhow as I could do with replacing my Black ice 240 in the front of mine.

Really liking yours and booyaka's set ups :cool:
Thanks, it's running well and I've had no major issues with it...

I think you can get the measurements off the thermochill website? Then measure your case and you'll know if it fits for sure? I pretty much done the same thing to make sure my 120.3 would fit as it was set up and running in another case before I decided to switch to the 900. :)

Back
Top Bottom