• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

Associate
Dropped the vcore to 1.2v and upped the NB by 0.5 and pc BSOD on startup.

Upped the vcore to 1.26v and starts up ok. Idle temps are 36/35

Associate
Haven't run prime properly yet. Ran it for a quick 20min run and temps were at around 50, will have to do a proper run over the weekend when I have more time.

As for the vcore does that sound more sensible now and do you think I could probably get away with lowering the NB back down?

Haven't set the memory voltage back yet still on auto. But I was running it unlinked anyway.

How are some people getting monster clocks at like 1.0v!?!?!

Associate
Haven't run prime properly yet. Ran it for a quick 20min run and temps were at around 50, will have to do a proper run over the weekend when I have more time.

As for the vcore does that sound more sensible now and do you think I could probably get away with lowering the NB back down?

Haven't set the memory voltage back yet still on auto. But I was running it unlinked anyway.

How are some people getting monster clocks at like 1.0v!?!?!

Like it was said all of them are different mine will do 4.3 stable with everything set to auto (1.26 Vcore).

What batch number is yours?

Associate
nope nothing as the memory is underclocking itself so it didn't need the full volts.

I have had to manually change everything to get it to 4.5 but mine is running 500FSB so the NB/VCORE needs alittle more (1.32 vcore from recollection) and the RAM etc.

Associate
Anyone getting 4.5 on air?

Currently on 4.4 with a vcore of 1.35. Temps hitting around 62 load and 39 idle. Orthos small FFTs test stable for 7 hours. Currently running Prime to make sure its stable before I try 4.5. Temps are a bit high for my liking. Is 65 under load ok with these chips?

Will post some screenies soon.

Edit: CPU info - Q822A435, pack date 07/21/08

Last edited:
Associate
Guys, I still cant get this bloody Speedstep to disable! I've disabled it in the bios and also CIE or whatever it's called and I can still see the multiplier jumping up and down in CPU-Z!

Any ideas?

Associate
Guys, I still cant get this bloody Speedstep to disable! I've disabled it in the bios and also CIE or whatever it's called and I can still see the multiplier jumping up and down in CPU-Z!

Any ideas?

Here are my bios settings with speedstep turned off:

Advanced (Tab) > CPU Configuration

CPU Ratio Setting .......... [Auto]
C1E Support ................ [Disabled]
Max CPUID Limit ............ [Disabled]
Intel Virtualization Tech .. [Disabled]
CPU TM Function ............ [Disabled]
Intel SpeedStep ............ [Disabled]
Intel C-STATE Tech ......... [Disabled]

Associate
Here are my bios settings with speedstep turned off:

Advanced (Tab) > CPU Configuration

CPU Ratio Setting .......... [Auto]
C1E Support ................ [Disabled]
Max CPUID Limit ............ [Disabled]
Intel Virtualization Tech .. [Disabled]
CPU TM Function ............ [Disabled]
Intel SpeedStep ............ [Disabled]
Intel C-STATE Tech ......... [Disabled]

hi, I used to do the same as you, disable CPU TM Function when overclocking.

But then i was thinking why turn off the thing that will stop your chip overheating, if the pump stops for example.

so i no longer turn it off and it makes no difference to any overclock.

did we just turn it off out of habit, because so far all my tests shows it makes no difference turning it off, but a bit more peace of mind with it on.

or am i talking rubbish and that command is not the one to cause throttling in an overheating chip.

Associate
Intel website:

Execute Disable Bit is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious-code attacks and prevent harmful software from executing and propagating on the server or network.

Back
Top Bottom