Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Are there any other 30" owners who can comment on the IQ on their monitor? I've still not seen anyone mention if the issues relating to the 24/26" models are also present on the 30"

Thanks
I've spoken to a few well clued up guys from Hazro lately [one was quite informal and had some interesting things to say about the new 24" LED Apple monitor] - all techy stuff but I've learnt so much about monitors from the few convos I've had - some of it contradicts much of what I've read over the years in forums etc. When you get talking to these guys, you WILL learn!! e.g. I now know why RGB sliders are useless when connecting via DVI]..anyways, more to the point, the 30" don't have ANY of the banding or snowing problems whatsoever - this was confirmed. We had two but swapped them out for 24s instead [purely financial reasons]...

Associate
I've spoken to a few well clued up guys from Hazro lately [one was quite informal and had some interesting things to say about the new 24" LED Apple monitor] - all techy stuff but I've learnt so much about monitors from the few convos I've had - some of it contradicts much of what I've read over the years in forums etc. When you get talking to these guys, you WILL learn!! e.g. I now know why RGB sliders are useless when connecting via DVI]..anyways, more to the point, the 30" don't have ANY of the banding or snowing problems whatsoever - this was confirmed. We had two but swapped them out for 24s instead [purely financial reasons]...

Please share. What info did they have regarding the new apple cinema display ??

Associate
I contacted Hazro late Friday night about the brightness issues I'm having with my screen since its firmware was updated from 1.0 to 2.1 (it's terrible: half to two thirds of the screen is considerably and distractingly duller than the rest), but haven't heard a wink back from them. Have emailed them twice now, just in case, but no luck. Bit disappointed with the support so far. Just hoping they get back to me before the end of the week.

Yup, same here, I even included that the firmware fix didn't fix my banding and I still get it, no reply yet. They took over a week to get back to me when I filled out the firmware upgrade form too, and I've been really polite.

Associate
Having used the HP L2475w for the last couple of weeks, I have had some problems reading text and thought it might be down to the wide gamut, So i bought a Hazro 24 yesterday it arrived today and the text is much better than the HP.

The only problem with the Hazro is it is much brighter on the left side than on the right side. there is no backlight bleed or dead pixels it is just this brightness thing.

I might contact Hazro and see what they can do about it, has anyone had any luck?

Associate
>ntemples1

Same problem here and I missed a call from them on the subject yesterday. They've emailed me to tell me to expect another call today, so I'll keep you posted.

How did you contact them in the first place? did you get an RMA number from OCUK before you contacted them? I think I should contact them too as the maybe it will help them assess what's causing it. cheers.

Soldato
Having used the HP L2475w for the last couple of weeks, I have had some problems reading text and thought it might be down to the wide gamut, So i bought a Hazro 24 yesterday it arrived today and the text is much better than the HP.

The only problem with the Hazro is it is much brighter on the left side than on the right side. there is no backlight bleed or dead pixels it is just this brightness thing.

I might contact Hazro and see what they can do about it, has anyone had any luck?

They won't be able to do anything, it seems to be a "feature" of recent LG.Display IPS panels, it should get better after a few hundred hours backlight usage.

Man of Honour
Mine has been on for every hour that I am at home and not at work so has been used for a few hundred hours already and I don't notice any significant differences between left and right so yep that does sound about right.

Associate
Got a call back from a, what turned out to be, very helpful Hazro. The guy told me it sounded like calibration could be the reason for my uniformity problems and that they'd get someone out to collect my screen today. I also told him I'd be happy to revert to firmware 1.0 if it fixed the problem, because I wasn't really that bothered about the vertical banding. Hopefully, if all goes well, he's said I should have my screen back by Friday :)

Associate
Just received one of these from OC. I ordered a black one and got a silver one. Great start, how hard can sending the correct colour be?

Switched it on and left side is so much brighter than right side. This is terrible. My 4year old Samsung TN is more uniform. I wouldn't consider myself that fussy but bringing up google shows the obvious flaw, it really is terrible and not what you would expect from a monitor at this price. I'd be unhappy if this was a £250 TN.

I gambled with this screen and it didn't pay off. Full refund i think.

ray

ray

Associate
Just received one of these from OC. I ordered a black one and got a silver one. Great start, how hard can sending the correct colour be?

The same happened to me, spiderman999! I ordered the black one, yesterday, and today, I received a silver one! I phoned OcUK straight away and a courier will come to pick it up tomorrow morning. This means that I'll need to wait for another few days for a new display. :(

Another strange thing was that the Citylink guy left the monitor with a neighbour, who lives across the street, even though my mum was waiting at home at the time and she saw the courier guy post a card through our door!

Soldato
Considering my screen's uniformity was nigh on perfect prior to the firmware update, I wouldn't say that is the case.

Running at full brightness tends to even out the uniformity issues, hence the 50% reduction implemented as part of the firmware upgrade will make it show up; we are assuming the haven't played "switch-a-roo" with your panel?

Associate
Running at full brightness tends to even out the uniformity issues, hence the 50% reduction implemented as part of the firmware upgrade will make it show up; we are assuming the haven't played "switch-a-roo" with your panel?

Perhaps, although I'm sure a difference this pronounced would have been noticeable even at full brightness. Now if they've swapped out the panel, that would explain matters, and I await to see what they do now they've taken the screen back for repair.

On that note, they picked it up the same day they called me to log the fault - which I was very impressed by - vouching to try and have it back with me before the weekend. Didn't hear from them today though so will have to wait and see.

Soldato
Another strange thing was that the Citylink guy left the monitor with a neighbour, who lives across the street, even though my mum was waiting at home at the time and she saw the courier guy post a card through our door!

Lots of people on here report the same thing about Citylink, although it seems to depend on the area u live in.

Back
Top Bottom