teamocuk.co.uk - does anyone still use it?

Soldato
That'll make your problem worse as it'll reset again. :)

Ok, I will stay where I am :p

Again, thank you for all your hard work with TeamOcUK.co.uk ( I notice .com has gone). even though I don't really have anything really worth crunching with anymore. I do check out the stats pretty regular. I would certainly miss it if it disappeared :)

I may not be a regular anymore, but I am still a supporter :)

Dunc

Man of Honour
OP
Probably Wednesday.

My plan for the next few days: Wait for Einstein to finish (sometime late tomorrow/early Wednesday), update projects so they're all the same date (28th Oct?), and then backup. Then I'll turn on auto updates and let the site catch up on its own.

Man of Honour
OP
Site staying off for the rest of the night so I can get some sleep. :)

Just as well I got this done as I'm now having problems with the disk (on another machine) that I was using to maintain the stats while the site was down. Already got the replacement in place for that (hello, Drobo).

At this point I'm not sure if it's the disks or the RAID controller. I suspect the latter as it's been used and abused for seven years now, and the circuit board is a bit, er, bendy. :eek: Whichever it is it's old (IDE) tech so I'm reluctant to throw money at it.

Last edited:
Associate
Mr. Pilgrim57, sir. Your stats have arrived

Why thank you kindly, Mr B. Your sterling efforts are appreciated. I look forward to being able to track my progress up the ranks again.
Re: the RAID controller, I think you've had yr moneys worth after 7 years.
Is is too expensive to move over to SATA?

Man of Honour
OP
Probably not, since I have the drives already (they're in a Drobo enclosure), but then I'd have to re-populate the Drobo. :)

Anyway, I forgot to backup Rosetta@home, hence the delay this morning. Now that's done, everything appears peachy. Be patient though - running five stats updates at once does not a happy server make. :D

Back
Top Bottom