No for Thermaltake Big Water 760i?

Soldato
Hi after specing a water cpu loop with half decent gear i made my mind on air a real good air cooler like the Thermaltake new TRUE 100% copper thing is every one who has Thermaltake Big Water 760i gives really good makrs, the only people saying no is hardcore o/c but that not ill be doing

Thermaltake True 100 % copper £65
Thermaltake Big Water 760i (with some new tubing and F1 coolent £100

another reason is room temp is approx 30+ so air cooling is only as low as room temp, i want the e8600 to at 4-4.5 in a antec 1200 can any supply any contructive feedback pls?

Associate
Thermaltake Bigwater 745 is much better value for money/performance compared to the 760i and can be had for around £71.

Soldato
OP
What this guy says. You might just aswell save up another £30 or £40 and go for custom water. The thermaltake 760i is only the same as top end air cooling in terms of LOAD temps. And £60 more expensive that top end air cooling.

Cheers mate but a new water cpu loop is £200 plus for decent gear i dont want to spend that on cooling the cpu, my own fault for not explaing myself just wanted to know this cheap kit will bear up to high end air thanks for leaving contrucive feedback :D

Permabanned
Cheers mate but a new water cpu loop is £200 plus for decent gear i dont want to spend that on cooling the cpu, my own fault for not explaing myself just wanted to know this cheap kit will bear up to high end air thanks for leaving contrucive feedback :D

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...ooling Kit (Socket 462/478/LGA775/754/939/940)

£150 (If you look elsewhere, thats the inc postage price)

Great pump, and very good CPU block.

Or, if you wanna have more control over the components, you can definately do a very good loop for around £120-£130 if you shop around.

Soldato
No offence but i put construcive feedback in hope to keep people like you way if you cannot offer any just move along and dont waste people time to bump your post count, if you have vaild reason please feel free.

I'm sorry if I came across as harsh but Thermaltake WC cooling is pretty poor in terms of cooling. There was something a while ago with the all-in-one Swiftech kits leaking too.

EDIT: The swiftech kits I speak of are the ones where the pump is built into the block. :)

Associate
It can only be cooled to room temp. It works better because water conducts heat better than air does.

Also does it not work better as with most watercooled systems the heat is blown via the radiator directly out of the case i.e. via rad being top mounted or mounted to the outside of the case at the rear with fans sucking air through it that way

Soldato
if you really want to go water you can build a 1/2 decent loop:

Laing DDC + Res Top
EK Supreme
120.2 Radiator
+ gumf

will come to under £150 new.. and will perform loads better than the big water

although as I said earlier for the heat load the E8600 puts out high end air will get you a big overclock

Back
Top Bottom