--- Yewen Previews Antec Skeleton! ---

Soldato
Antec Skeleton Chassis

It has finally arrived and I must say it is much more impressive than I was expecting. The box and unit is a decent size and the quality is your usual Antec affair.

This is just a quick preview and I will post more thoughts later as I have a million and one of these to ship out now!

The Antec Skeleton is a truly revolutionary enclosure. With a unique design that allows for unprecedented airflow, a front 92mm fan, and a top three speed 250mm fan with multicolor LED customization, the Skeleton goes utterly unmatched in stylish cooling. Factor in the layered component trays for top-notch convenience, as well as the rackmount quality side rails, and you have a case truly without equal.

- 4 Drive Bays
- External: 2 x 5.25”
- Internal: 2 x 3.5”
- Optional: 4 x 3.5” side panel mounted drive trays
- Layered tray design for greater system integration flexibility
- 7 Expansion Slots including room for 11” video cards
- 1 top 250mm TriCool 3-speed multi color customizable LED Fan
- 1 front 92mm HD cooling fan
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x FireWire (IEEE1394)
- 1 x eSATA
- Audio (AC97’ and HDA compatible) In and Out
- 13”(H) x 14.8”(W) x 16.5”(D)
- 31.75 cm(H) x 37.6 cm(W) x 41.9 cm(D)
- Net: 15.5 lb / 7.02 kg

Front of the case in all of its glory.

Side of the case showing off the removable side girlls and height of the case.

Rear of the case with PCI securing screw holes.

Another angle of the space and side grills.

Slide out motherboard+hard drives+optical+PSU tray!

Front of the case with the motherboard tray pulled out.

Hard drive and optical drive mounting.

Motherboard tray top down view, notice that the tray top with the motherboard can be unscrewed!

Side Rackmount grill which hard drives / radiators can be mounted to.

One screw to remove the PCI holder, allows proper motherboard tray operation.

Screw holes for securing PCI cards.

Soldato
OP
Quite a special case this, much more than what I was expecting and cannot wait to get chance to put a full rig into one. Looks like it will be a joy to build in and with more features than what I have listed this is one killer case for people looking to bench / change hardware 4 times a day.

Other pictures I will get up shortly are the PSU tray and side mountable hard drive caddies.

We have these cases in stock now and all pre-orders are currently shipping with enough stock left over to cover a few more orders!

Check it out guys, something completely different and done to a high standard as you would expect from Antec. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-106-AN

Soldato
That's confirmed my initial thoughts of how awful this case truely is.

Great if you're into gimicks but totally pointless for any true PC enthusiast.

Associate
I quite like the idea of it, as i hate fiddiling around inside a tight case with wires etc, although im not keen on the over all design and i think the price tag is abit steep.

Soldato
That's confirmed my initial thoughts of how awful this case truely is.

Great if you're into gimicks but totally pointless for any true PC enthusiast.

Well its not really designed to be a proper "case" as such is it? its mean for people who want a flexible testing chasis thats easy to rip apart and swap bits out. Something like this would have been a godsend when i worked in returns testing gfx cards, hdd's and ram/cpu's all day.

As a practical home case design its simply not the sort of thing anyone would go for, a hardware tester or reviewer however would be very interested.

Soldato
Well its not really designed to be a proper "case" as such is it? its mean for people who want a flexible testing chasis thats easy to rip apart and swap bits out. Something like this would have been a godsend when i worked in returns testing gfx cards, hdd's and ram/cpu's all day.

As a practical home case design its simply not the sort of thing anyone would go for, a hardware tester or reviewer however would be very interested.

I disagree. It doesnt look that easy to swap things out. Sure it all clicks into place but a decent standard case on its side with the side off is much easier to test components. I had to test 50 early Voodoo2 cards many years ago as the company I worked for bought a job lot on the cheap. All tested in a couple of hours using a standard case. With the Skeleton I'd have to move the motherboard or fan just to get to the graphics card. Hardly ideal.

If you're doing mainly testing for a mag/web site etc (as I've done in the past) I wouldnt spend all that money on this case when usually you'd just use a motherboard tray and mock up rig for a few hours of testing.

Soldato
Photo'd on your desk like that it just looks like a well ventilated in/out tray. Good for benchmarkers, fiddlers and people who like to show off their flashy hardware, but it's not for me. I wouldn't want people seeing how dusty I let my systems get!

PK!

Soldato
OP
Photo'd on your desk like that it just looks like a well ventilated in/out tray. Good for benchmarkers, fiddlers and people who like to show off their flashy hardware, but it's not for me. I wouldn't want people seeing how dusty I let my systems get!

PK!

Notice the rigs on mine and Gibbos desk. (New Intel anyone... ;))

Perfect for us two these are, and brilliant for anyone looking for something different.

Adds a whole new option to your case choice that was previously not there. Kudos to Antec I say.

Nice review but its not my cup of tea.

Im more of a lian Li person.

So am I, just so radically different that I like it. Antec set out to make a case for a purpose and have managed this on every level.

Soldato
Hang on a minute. If I'm looking at the pictures right you have to take out the PCI-E cards etc before you can slide the black motherboard unit out?

or at the very least you have to remove the screws that hold them in and then remove the clear plastic retainer.

That being the case its not quick release in the slightest.

Associate
Think you can remove the 2 screws holding the pastic bracket for the back pannel and leave all the screws in the PCI slot cards?

Gotta say I think Yewen has one of the best jobs in the world...

Permabanned
I think it looks pretty cool!

Any chance you can fill one with hardware (mobo+processor+hsf, GPU's x 2, PSU, Soundcard, HDD's and Optical drive so we can see what it looks like 'built' please? ie. Cable management, space in the chassis and generally, how it looks?

Soldato
OP
I think it looks pretty cool!

Any chance you can fill one with hardware (mobo+processor+hsf, GPU's x 2, PSU, Soundcard, HDD's and Optical drive so we can see what it looks like 'built' please? ie. Cable management, space in the chassis and generally, how it looks?

Will be doing so but I doubt I will get chance until the weekend.

You can just remove the two screws and the plate comes away with the PCI cards, will take pics once I have a rig setup.

Back
Top Bottom