Skullcandy Headphones

Permabanned
Koss KSC75's can be had for less than £20. Great bang for buck IMO

I'd just like to add that these Koss headphones are ******* AMAZING!

I just picked up a pair for $25 and ****! Absolutely amazing, they **** all over my Sennheiser CX300's, I prefer my HD595's for home use but these are amazing for portables.

Just amazing, if you're in the states go get these now, if you are in the UK or elsewhere IMPORT! These just trounce anything else I've tried in the price bracket.

Soldato
If you don't own a pair or koss porta pros or KSC 75s and want new headphones around the £20-£30 I think you should be clicking the checkout button!

Soldato
I got a cheap (£18) pair of skullcandy mesh headphones, they do me fine, especially for the price, and the skullcandy warranty is excellent

Don't people read our posts skullcandy phones are crap, I would rather walk around with a bloody fat1itiitliy headsets on my head than spend money on skull candy. They look horrible, sound just plain awful and have the build quality of a cheap chinese knock off.

Stick with some cheap koss porta pro, koss ksc 75, igrados, senn px, or go for some of the cheaper senn 25. Don't buy skullcandy, bose, sony overheard DJ or portable headphones, they are all a waste of your hard earned cash. The reason why you like them is that you will have not compared them to anything else and won't admit you have wasted your money. Who would ?

/ end rant

I think Koss Porta Pro would be my choice at a low price-point.

hell I think you should just own a pair of Koss Porta Pro's or koss ksc 75's at any price point tbh, many of the higher quality headphones are to big for outside use anyway, I have larger hi-fi/studio ones that I use at home but then grab my koss porta pro's for when I'm mobile, they really are the most amazing headphones I've heard @ under £50, and I don't mean in terms of SQ but the flavour of the sound, it's very unique, it's kind of like loving the taste of cheap hot dogs off a hot dog stand, you know they are not the best quality you still love the taste, I feel it's like that with the porta pro's, although to be far they aren't to bad in the SQ department either, but what I love about about them is how they sound.

Last edited:
Associate
bit of an audiophile here ;) Sennheiser 565, 580, AKG 710 and thinking about Denon AH-D5000s at the moment...

At the low end, I had some Porta pros for a long time and they were great. The Sennheiser PX100s beat them, and can be had for under 15 quid. I'd go for those over the PX200s, which while they have leather pads, don't sound quite as good.

www.headphone.com have refreshingly honest reviews, even stating some of the stuff they stock is rubbish compared to others. Great place to start your research.

However nothing beats an actual test, just get a decent sound source, plug both sets in and compare them. You'll be amazed how good a good set can be.

Soldato
Those camouflaged Skullcandys look cool and would be a perfect match for my camouflage pygamas and duvet cover. Who cares how they sound?:D

I would always apply facepaint to get an even better effect :D

Everyone should own a pair of koss ksc-75. I would say the best value headphones out there, out of all of them.

Back
Top Bottom