--- Yewen Previews Antec Skeleton! ---

Soldato
I did at one point think about making a custom case out of an old style tv stand. You know the ones on castors with a low level video shelf and two metal arms to support the TV. I had one spare and looked at it one day and thought it would make a perfect two level horizontal mobo case, with mobo on top with a perpex shroud and everything else on the lower shelf. I was planning on going water cooling at that stage and thought having the rad/pump etc on the lower shelf with just the tubes going up would mean minimal clutter around the mobo. But in the end I couldn't be bothered and just modded my cheiftec dragon full tower.

Soldato
I believe it is aimed at people who believe form over function is king. Just as you're standing by your interpretation doesn't mean it's not ignorance on your part.

Kk, :D.

Well, that was easily the longest, most in-depth argument I've ever had on the forums.

I won't say 'lets agree to disagree' because that is a cop-out. I'll simply end it by saying that I think I'm totally right about everything. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Kk, :D.

Well, that was easily the longest, most in-depth argument I've ever had on the forums.

I won't say 'lets agree to disagree' because that is a cop-out. I'll simply end it by saying that I think I'm totally right about everything. :rolleyes:

Argument, naahhhh. We didn't use capitals often enough :)

Nice to have a decent debate from time to time :D

Soldato
Does anyone have any reviews of this case where they've built a (high-end) system in it and compared temps to a similarly priced "normal" case?

The reviews I find seem to be people just looking at the case without putting any components into it.

Soldato
OP
Does anyone have any reviews of this case where they've built a (high-end) system in it and compared temps to a similarly priced "normal" case?

The reviews I find seem to be people just looking at the case without putting any components into it.

Wait until tommorrow. :p

Will be comparing a "on desk" system to it being in a skeleton.

Soldato
My Mac Pro case has far better build quality than my £90 Lian Li V350B case.

The Mac Pro cases cost around £200, not £90 and they'll only take a very limited selection of hardware. My V1200+ is very close in terms of build quality (better than your v350) and only cost me £70.

You need to compare other cases that are built for a specific task (not for any old components), for example the cast aluminium blackbird 002 ;)

Soldato
Would like to see some pics of this when Yewen has put some decent hardware in! I can imagine you'd only own this if you bench test a lot/think its awesomely cool looking.

Back
Top Bottom