District 13

Associate
Does anyone know if this film is in English?Has it been dubbed with English audio or has it got English subs? All i can seem to find is Banlieue 13 or District B-13 which is the French verision, as it is a french film.

Soldato
JustinB said:
Does anyone know if this film is in English?Has it been dubbed with English audio or has it got English subs? All i can seem to find is Banlieue 13 or District B-13 which is the French verision, as it is a french film.
maybe im being stupid but it sounds like your doing something illegal? in which case dont post it on ocuk as they dont condone this sorta thing. as for the film being in english i thought if you went to the cinema to see it it'd be in english? or atleast it'll have subtitles.

Associate
OP
sja360 said:
maybe im being stupid but it sounds like your doing something illegal? in which case dont post it on ocuk as they dont condone this sorta thing. as for the film being in english i thought if you went to the cinema to see it it'd be in english? or atleast it'll have subtitles.

No actually im not, a search on google that is all I have done. All you will find is stuff about the french film. Nothing about this version. I wanted to find out before going as i dont intend on going to read a film.

Sounds like you have a guilty conscience.

Soldato
Saw this last night, its a very good film and it does have english subs with french audio, but its mostly all action anyway. I really liked it :). Plot was a little weak but the action scenes and soundtrack make up for it.

Soldato
tntcoder said:
Saw this last night, its a very good film and it does have english subs with french audio, but its mostly all action anyway. I really liked it :). Plot was a little weak but the action scenes and soundtrack make up for it.

In total agreement with this.

(If the rest is against the rules please delete :))

Email from a friend:

My friend said:

Please help me out, I need to get more traffic to the District 13

website please could you forward this link onto anyone who you think may

be interested and get them to sign up to the newsletter. I'll get a free

DVD's and stuff for anyone who can help me out.

I'm desperate (not joking!)

http://www.thefreerunningmovie.com

Cheers

Soldato
Yeah it's subtitled and yes it's awesome. watched it yesterday and i think i actually let out a few "whimpers" with excitement at some of the action scenes.

:D

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Same here, watched it last night, brilliant start to the film (how the hell they did some of the stuff!)

Good action film, I just thought it was a little too short. Definately recomend.

Man of Honour
It's a great film, turned out how I expected it to be going by how The Transporter went, lots of really really well thought out exciting action sequences, mixed with a poor story. It's worth it just for the action sequences I reckon.

Associate
Saw the dubbed version and the awful voice acting (possibly the worst ive ever heard) turned what looked like a fairly run of the mill action movie into one of the funniest films ive ever seen. Please checkout the dubbed version if you havent seen it, its so amazingly cheesey and funnier than any comedy ive seen in the past couple of years.
My favourite scene involved a van getting blown up, looks like the same van you see several times during the film but craftily altered with £2.50 worth of cardboard and plastic.

As an action movie it was total arse, as a comedy the dubbed version is a work of art!

Man of Honour
Ampeg is right, the voice acting is brilliantly bad, I've got not the slightest clue why they thought an Irish accent would suit the girl but I was in fits of giggles whenever she spoke.

It's actually quite a good film though, it's short but it packs everything into the runtime and is far better than many Hollywood blockbusters although that maybe isn't the best benchmark in the World.

Back
Top Bottom