Smoking should be BANNED!

Caporegime
But i'm not driving on pavements or things where i'm not supposed to. I drive on the road, where I'm supposed to drive. My point of this thread is that smokers are smoking where they aren't allowed.

Smokers know where they are and aren't allowed to smoke. If not then they should be made aware.
It would appear that non-smokers, well, by that I mean just you, don't know. The law says we are not to smoke in confined public places. Standing outside the front door is not a confined public place.

Soldato
It would be wrong for a complete banning of smoking but I am in favour of banning smoking in all public places enclosed or not. Nothing worse than trying to get through a doorway that is crowded with selfish **** blowing smoke in your face.

Soldato
OP
Have you ever thought of shutting the window. SHUT, yes, SHUT the bloody window.

There should be a law against office workers having windows open, all you want to do is inhale our cigarette smoke, buy your own cigarettes. ;)

I shouldn't have to close it when it's red hot in the office. I do close it though but once the smoke is in the building, then that's it.

Soldato
Actually I'm coming around to smokers, they pump ££££ into the economy and die early from their stupidity, meaning there are less people to keep in old age.

It's like Carousel (Logan's Run) but it makes you smell worse and give you yellow fingers!

HEADRAT

Soldato
But you do go sucking on secondary smoke?

How odd!

I have to say I'd feel a little uncomfortable if you were stood next to me sucking in all the fumes as I smoked!

Cars have a purpose. Smoking is much worse than anything else anyone has mentioned here because not only is it totally pointless and completely unbeneficial, it also helps kill other people too. Yippee! :rolleyes:

If someone is stupid enough to drink so much they become an alcoholic or die of alcohol poison, then that is their own dumb fault. It is a completely different matter when some idiot smoker decides that they aren't content damaging their own health, but want to help damage someone else's too.

As far as I can tell, there is no purpose to smoking. Its bad for your health, smells bad, tastes bad, doesn't look cool, is a total waste of money. Just because you like smoking doesn't make it right to smoke, and I'm afraid you are completely in the wrong on this topic. Smoking should only be allowed inside homes, nowhere else.

uv

uv

Soldato
But i'm not driving on pavements or things where i'm not supposed to. I drive on the road, where I'm supposed to drive. My point of this thread is that smokers are smoking where they aren't allowed.

You haven't stated a single occurance of this yet.
Your original post stated that smokers were smoking under a window, or outside near a doorway.. Can you point out exactly what part of that is illegal?

Caporegime
Cars have a purpose. Smoking is much worse than anything else anyone has mentioned here because not only is it totally pointless and completely unbeneficial, it also helps kill other people too. Yippee! :rolleyes:

If someone is stupid enough to drink so much they become an alcoholic or die of alcohol poison that is their own dumb fault. It is a completely different matter when some idiot smoker decides that they aren't content damaging their own health, but want to help damage someone else's too.

As far as I can tell, there is no purpose to smoking. Its bad for your health, smells bad, tastes bad, doesn't look cool, is a total waste of money. Just because you like smoking doesn't make it right to smoke, and I'm afraid you are completely in the wrong on this topic. Smoking should only be allowed inside homes, nowhere else.
You've missed his point entirely. Alcohol related injuries and fatalities are not restricted to only those who drink.

Associate

Smokers know where they are and aren't allowed to smoke. If not then they should be made aware.

The point I'm trying to make is that drinking alcohol and eating fatty foods does not give off crap that affects other people.

Alcohol does effect other people in lots of ways, fatty food produces smells when cooked which some people find offensive among other things. I think you may be alittle bias in your argument.

uv

uv

Soldato

How is alcohol any different to this?

Soldato
OP
You haven't stated a single occurance of this yet.
Your original post stated that smokers were smoking under a window, or outside near a doorway.. Can you point out exactly what part of that is illegal?

Ok i'm not sure if it is illegal stated by the government but it is stated by the terms and conditions in the rental agreement of the offices in our building.

In the contract it states that all smokers should be about 20 metres away from the building.

This was also inforce of my old place of work (B&Q) so I assume all other stores aswell.

There will be something about it somewhere.

Caporegime

If someone is stupid enough to drink so much they become an alcoholic or die of alcohol poison, then that is their own dumb fault. It is a completely different matter when some idiot smoker decides that they aren't content damaging their own health, but want to help damage someone else's too.

Oh, and "I'm afraid you are completely in the wrong on this topic. Smoking should only be allowed inside homes, nowhere else." ? On who's authority are we wrong? The Govt's? No. They allow us to smoke outside. Yours? Haha.

Associate
Smoking does server a purpose; it makes people happy and it props up the NHS. I think these are both worthy traits!

You can't always bans things you don't like, otherwise I'd ban idiotic, ill-informed posts on the internet.

Associate
Drinking is way more of a problem these days if you ask me. A lot of people who go out can't just have 2 drinks and go home. They have to get smashed and this brings the worst out in a lot of people.

Somebody really has been taken in by the anti smoking brigade haven't they. :p

Soldato
How is alcohol any different to this?

I'm not arguing for alcohol, and I'm not suggesting it is any better for you or other people around you than smoking. The sale of alcohol should certainly be better regulated than it is, and there ought to be more responsibility on sellers. However, that doesn't change the fact that smoking is a disgusting habit that ruins lives.

Back
Top Bottom