• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

280 RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
My 280 has finally given up the ghost.. Its went orange then wouldnt boot anymore. It has been a bit funny over the last few days. How long will an RMA take to replace it ?

Soldato
Its not right that you should be made to wait 5 weeks,

Surely you should expect a swap out with the retailer in the first year within a week to 10 days max

After a year its then the manufacturer's responsibility

Associate
I waited 25 days for my replacement from OCUK, they refused to replace my card until they where given a replacement from there manufacter. So they make me wait 25 days because they where not willing to send anything out before.

Last time I order from OCUK tbh, ill continue to browse the forums

Soldato
I waited 25 days for my replacement from OCUK, they refused to replace my card until they where given a replacement from there manufacter. So they make me wait 25 days because they where not willing to send anything out before.

Last time I order from OCUK tbh, ill continue to browse the forums

To be fair to OcUK most companies will do that.

People can break cards and void warranties by replacing the HS. If a manufacture received a card that had been tampered with they could reject the card. It does happen.

Last edited:
Associate
People can break cards and void warranties by replacing the HS. If a manufacture received a card that had been tampered with they could reject the card. It does happend.

Card was not tampered with it just decided to black screen in every single game, they would have seen that when I sent it to OCUK, they then sent me a mail stating is was broken and they where awaiting a replacment! - umm RELEACE my card with your stock them please....but they refused to do so even though I was without a PC

Not good service and having to wait 25 days for a new card was completly out of order

Soldato
Card was not tampered with it just decided to black screen in every single game, they would have seen that when I sent it to OCUK, they then sent me a mail stating is was broken and they where awaiting a replacment! - umm RELEACE my card with your stock them please....but they refused to do so even though I was without a PC

Not good service and having to wait 25 days for a new card was completly out of order

How do they know it wasn't tampered with ??

Soldato
http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

• You aren't limited to first 12 months
  • You don't have to wait for the manufacturer to respond
  • 'Sale' items cannot be restricted to just X amount of time for returns etc.

Best option to avoid hitting into the later 1980's act that I can't remember the name - is to get a refund every time. If you go for an exchange, then in effect, that is your 'refund'. If it too becomes faulty, then technically the retailer can refuse to replace it again. Then you really would be stuck with the manufacturer's returns process.

Associate
So they can see inside your PC remotely.

Big brother really is watching :D

You seem to miss my point, the card got sent to OCUK, they looked at it and saw it was broken (not damaged by me! just NOT working) needed replacing. instead of sending me a new card they make me wait 25 days until THEY get a replacment when i'm left without a PC?

I think this is wrong and I have done a few RMA in my time and never had to wait that long

Soldato
So they can see inside your PC remotely.

Big brother really is watching :D

missingthepoint.png
:D :D

Associate
You seem to miss my point, the card got sent to OCUK, they looked at it and saw it was broken (not damaged by me! just NOT working) needed replacing. instead of sending me a new card they make me wait 25 days until THEY get a replacment when i'm left without a PC?

I think this is wrong and I have done a few RMA in my time and never had to wait that long

Hmmm that's not good, especially if you only have one pc, and you rely on that alone, and don't have another Card to tide you over till the repaired one arrives.
icon13.gif

~Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom