Worst Month Ever *RANT WARNING*

Associate
Ok I'm bored at work so I thought I'd set out for you how poor my month is going this month.

First off, on the 31st of October I crashed my beloved car. It was a limited edition Toyota Celica GT, I bought it brand new, and it was my pride and joy. I stacked it under some very silly circumstances I admit, but it was on a corner that I'm used to and I take regularly and that I've taken faster, I have no idea why by the back end decided it was going to overtake the front this time and I had a run in with some trees.

Counting my lucky stars that I managed to walk away from that with only a few cuts, bruises and a sprained wrist I carried on my month.

2 days later my mate (who owns the house im renting a room in atm) decided to tell me I had to get out. This is a mate that I have known since year 8 at school, and we were pretty close.
He has still given me no good reasons to kick me out. The only real reasons he came out with were that I leave the odd empty glass on the bedside table in my room when I should really wash them up. And that I never hoover up downstairs even though I never use downstairs.
He then decided he was going to punch a hole in my bedroom door because I left the bathroom light off.
Wierd thing is I've questioned his mental stability for a while now, ever since I came home after his break up with his girlfriend with him completely mutilating his arm with a knife, but I decided to stay and help him get through this.

Thing is, I've now learned from another mate that the ex-gf is the reason he is kicking me out. He met her through me, she's been a friend of mine way longer than he's known her. So after the break up (which was caused because he was cheating) she decided she didnt want to see any more of him. But still hung around with my circle of friends who dont like my landlord because, to be fair, he's kinda hard to be friends with.

Ok, so the car and house are gone and I'm currently flat searching but it gets worse.

Last week we had a conference call at work, thinking its a standard conference call I join it and it begins. Over the course of the call we were told that a large number of people were having their job outsourced, and will either be offered a job at the company that the work is outsourced to, or made redundant. YAY there goes the job as well.

Then yesterday, a girl that I'm getting close to, my first possible girlfriend in about a year's grandad dies. Her family is from america so she flys back over there to look after her nan, with her dad, fair enough I'd do the same. Its today when she calls me saying that she's planning on staying out there as her dad wants to stay to take care of her nan that it went bad. They've actually started hunting for houses out there already. So the girl is gone.

Ok so far its:

Car
Job
Home
Girl

So finally, this morning, a letter drops onto my door mat. Its from the insurance company. It says that they have said that the car is a write off. I'm not suprised, it was pretty mangled and at the end of the day as long as I'm ok cars can be replaced...
But then I read on, I declined that I had replaced the rear wing with a carbon fiber one. They have decided that my front tyres were below the legal tread depth. And they have been in contact with the my previous insurance company and found that the date I gave them for a previous crash I have had was a couple of days out... So my insurance is invalid.

So, seeing as that car was 22k when I bought it, and I got a car loan for it, and I've only had it a year, that leaves me about 18k in debt to the finance company with nothing to show for it....

I know your meant to stay positive during the challanges life throws at you but this is ridiculous!!!!

Soldato
Ouch, that's a pretty harsh hand to be dealt. Erm.... How about... Things can only get better?

Life has a funny way of always turning on you when you least expect it, chin up, march on - you'll be dead in less than 80 years anyway so don't worry about it too much!

Soldato
Ummmphh, that sucks mate. You'll pull through though!

Somebody up above obviously doesn't like you much, tell em to "**** off".

Soldato
22k for a 1 year old Celica GT??? Sorry to hear about your awful month mate, hope you get yourself sorted in the end. If it was me id be having a sit down with the friend you rented the flat from and have a "wtf" moment with him, sounds like hes being far too harsh. Hope it all works out for you :(

Man of Honour
Wow I was expecting a rant over nothing, that really is a nightmare of unfortunate events!

Just gonna have to try and stay optimistic, hopefully coming on here helped release some frustration.

Go get some lottery tickets, 'cos your luck is gonna have to turn at some point.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Crappy month, yeah. But lets look at it objectively.

1) House - it wasnt your house anyway, "renting a room" will always come to an end. Its just bad timing.

2) Girl - totally gutting, but not the end of the world, girls are not rare and are not hard to come by.

3) Job - could not be as bad as you think? Pay off time!?

4) Car - Gutting, but it could have been worse as fox has said. If you had taken out someone else you would be currently liable for the bill for their car, and potentially treatment or a payoff for killing someone, as well as potentially looking forward to a court case right now with a prison sentence.

Back
Top Bottom