*Official* Antec 1200 Case's,Builds,Modifications & FAQ's

Associate
And now you're going to post some pictures.

(You better do it) :)

2 more pics! Have rearranged things slightly after adding my second drive from my old machine, now have both the hard drives in the bottom bay leaving a nice gap for the top front fan to blow through. A finished, tidyish looking arrangement below:

newmachine.jpg

And a picture of my old machine here showing what I normally end up with:

oldmachine.jpg

And yes, I know I need to do some hoovering and washing lolol :D

Going to have to nip to the chemist in a bit and get some isoprophl alcohol and something to apply it. Temps are too high and I think I put a bit too much paste on the bloody thing. :(

Associate
The cables on my old machine are bloody diabolical, I managed to set fire to one of the power cables somehow a while back. Not too sure what happened but I turned my machine off a bit bloody sharpish. Still have sooty deposits on my 320Gb SATA drive lol :D

Associate
I'm wanting to WC my setup with two twin rads. The plan is to have a double at the rear internally if possible then I'm hoping to mount a double at the front by removing two of the drive bay/fan enclosures.

For those guys that mounted an internal double radiator on the rear, what radiator have you used? and is it any good?

Does anyone know if a TFC Xchanger - Double Radiator 240 will fit at the back?

I believe I have to watch out for the measurements of the radiator screw holes as not all are the same so may not fit the back of the Antec 1200. In particular the distance between the two fans which is about 18mm measured from the the centre of one screw hole to the other.

Hope that makes sense!

Soldato
got mine installed stuff in sig, AWESOMNESS is the only word that comes to mind, lots of space, excellent cable managment system and amazing air cooling, and looks kick ass :D

Associate
Currently I own an Antec P180b and it's a fantastic case. I think though now I need something with a bit better cooling mainly due to living over here and warmer temps.

I'm looking at this or the Lian Li Armorsuit. I wonder with the 1200 will I need to get the extended psu cables for a Corsair 520 and a Asus P5k Deluxe? And if anyone has previously owned a P180 would I notice a big difference in temps?

Associate
Yeah for the love of God re-size....re-size.....re-size!

I'll post pics of my watercooled 1200 if I ever get chance to assemble it.
Had all the bits for the past few weeks but my 3 month old son seems to be taking up all my free time at the moment. lol

Sorry, pics resized...didn't have Photoshop installed at the time and meant to resize them,ages ago lol. :D

I've got a question about the 1200 if anyone can help, it says in the manual that you should wash the filters once per month but any idea how to do it? Just use water and give it a wipe I'm assuming without using anything in particular? Don't fancy putting them in the washing machine, the things might shrink lol :D

Soldato
possibly a stupid question but at the moment I'm using an antec 1200 case with 1000w antec PSU. so far I've got 3 fans connected but want to hook up the final 3. i have one power slot left on my PSU (a red one normally used for a PCI E card) can i use this or would i be better to get 3 y splitters to use the existing fan connectors to power all 6 instead of just the 3 I'm using.

Soldato
possibly a stupid question but at the moment I'm using an antec 1200 case with 1000w antec PSU. so far I've got 3 fans connected but want to hook up the final 3. i have one power slot left on my PSU (a red one normally used for a PCI E card) can i use this or would i be better to get 3 y splitters to use the existing fan connectors to power all 6 instead of just the 3 I'm using.

cant use the pci e power cable but have you tried "daisy chaining" your fans. are they the standard antec fans? or if they use a molex 4pin connection and you need more from the psu. something like this:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...3&name=Akasa "Y" Power Splitter - DAYGLO Blue

they are 3pin fans which you plug into the mobo then easy enough to get something like this:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...&name=Akasa AK-FY320 3 Pin Fan cable splitter

Back
Top Bottom