Deposited £31 at party poker!

Soldato
Now ive lost it all lol.. I want to put more on but dont want to end up losing all that money. Im not a bad poker player but I dont know why I keep losing it. Ive had a few wins but I just end up spending it all again. Any tips? cheers

Caporegime
Poker is a difficult game to play online in my opinion, better off in person so you can physically see peoples reactions etc.

Nah, not at the money hes playing. Its so so much more random. From fish with no idea, to people with some skill but bugger all patience, to people with lots of banked cash who just want some random fun.
Trying to predict anything in the micro's is pointless and he doesnt have the bankroll to move above 25c/50c tbh.

He doesnt need to play people face to face either, he will lose loads of money against much better players.

He needs to stick to the basics, play tight and stick it out for a while, but stay in the low stakes to minimise losses. Learn to play the hands and learn about the odds and also how to take a bad beat :p

Associate
don't gamble up to about 10% of ** bankroll on 1 table the less u paly of ** bankroll the better

Make sure ** actually playing a solid game

use Pokertracker or some other software to help u monitor how ** playing. % Voluntary input, Preflop raises ETC.

Don't gamble what u can't afford to lose.

** = Your lol, im a lazy typer

Soldato
Change your playing style? Sounds to me like you must be a pretty agressive poker player to lose £31 without any return. That or you just aren't very good! :p

How long had that £31 been deposited at Party Poker for? If it was there for months then thats alright. Still think you should have won the odd game by now though!

Soldato
OP
ive won probably about £40 worth but then keep playing and losing. I went in a $6 bet in. 10 players, winner takes all and won that. won £6 on the first day, carried on lol.. I just need more discipline really

Associate
Nah, not at the money hes playing. Its so so much more random. From fish with no idea, to people with some skill but bugger all patience, to people with lots of banked cash who just want some random fun.
Trying to predict anything in the micro's is pointless and he doesnt have the bankroll to move above 25c/50c tbh.

He doesnt need to play people face to face either, he will lose loads of money against much better players.

He needs to stick to the basics, play tight and stick it out for a while, but stay in the low stakes to minimise losses. Learn to play the hands and learn about the odds and also how to take a bad beat :p

25c/50c can be just as bad. 50/1 is the worst, that's where people really tilt and you can get ****** quite a bit. I think it's where people from 10/25 come after being on a real bad streak and tilt.

No swearing

Gilly

Back
Top Bottom