Left 4 Dead demo available

Soldato
OK, I am obviously enjoying this game if I am trying to squeeze in a quick go before work every morning :)

I don't know why some people go on about the graphics. It may not be as "pretty" as Crysis, but at least it runs buttery smooth (and on most systems as well I am sure).

But who cares when you are the game and having fun? Stop admiring the scenery and go kill some flippin zombies (Infected, but I prefer calling them zombies :) ).

I will more than likely get it for the 360 though. Less hassle on the voice comms side of things, and will get used to the controls/sensitivity. The only niggles is new maps won't be as easy to come by :(

Soldato
Playing it last night, but everytime I join an online game and it starts, it sits with the loading bar at a few % then exits saying connection failed after 10 attempts :/

Permabanned
I'm gutted that they didn't do a proper singleplayer campain for it. Imagine how good they could have made it.

Associate
The demo was working fine for me, but now I'm getting this error a lot in the console:
"ShaderAPIDX8::CreateD3DTexture: Invalid color format!"

The game is totally unplayable now - everything is just dark. Seems like lots of graphics aren't being loaded :(

Any ideas?

Caporegime
The demo was working fine for me, but now I'm getting this error a lot in the console:
"ShaderAPIDX8::CreateD3DTexture: Invalid color format!"

The game is totally unplayable now - everything is just dark. Seems like lots of graphics aren't being loaded :(

Any ideas?

download it again xD...

No I don't know to be honest.

Probably is something to o with the game though.

Soldato
you're guna get battered beyond belief on expert, every zombie hit takes off about 10hp on that ;)
you run into crowd too much etc, although its easier with other players you still will get mauled if you play like that online :p

Lol, didn't know where i was going, was only my 2nd attempt. Never played any of the Valve games either.

Soldato
Yayness!!! Managed to find some time :)

Have to say that it is fun, however I can see it becoming repetitive fairly quickly but the whole mulitplayer cooperative aspect just rocks.

Soldato
Soldato
Ive been playing the demo a lot and enjoying it.
There is one problem, is there anyway to turn off the sound to people microphones. I dont think i can take one more 'Mums basment boy' telling me not to 'touch that ******* button, or we will all die'.

Ive never had trouble having to listen to people on mic's before, it seems this game forces you to have to listen... infact i lied, World in Conflict had the mics enabled but i found people to be older and more mature people.

Soldato
There is one problem, is there anyway to turn off the sound to people microphones. I dont think i can take one more 'Mums basment boy' telling me not to 'touch that ******* button, or we will all die'.

Ive never had trouble having to listen to people on mic's before, it seems this game forces you to have to listen... infact i lied, World in Conflict had the mics enabled but i found people to be older and more mature people.

VoiP is optional, I'm just no sure where but I turned mine off. :p

Soldato
Anyone know the fix for constant disconnects from servers with steam games for those on BT BB? One on steam doesn't seem to work for me.

Soldato

Haven't tried in game but for other source games (namely CSS for me) the command "voice_enable 0" disables all voice comms

Back
Top Bottom