Coolermaster Stacker 830 Evolution nvidia special edition

Caporegime
Hi all,
I'm on the look out for a new case (full tower only) and see Overclockers have this case for sale. Was wondering if anyone has either had this one or knows somebody who has previously bought one. I'm looking for as best cooling as possible and currently have a somewhat flexible budget.
Thanks.

Soldato
I've seen someone with the normal version put their rig in it. It's a bit of a monster, and I doubt its quiet! The removable mobo tray was impressive, seemed very useful. Quality was as good as you'd expect. There are many fans on the case too, I imagine it'd be great for cooling but someone with one will have to confirm that for you. You checked you can fit that PSU in it?

Caporegime
OP
To be honest I hadn't even thought about that, very good point! May have to send Overclockers a webnote asking about just that.

Caporegime
OP
Yep, just received message from overclockers stating that my psu will fit comfortabley inthe case.
Will now have a look at the HAF932, cheers for the info.

Caporegime
OP
yeah, now I remember the HAF case, not that bad looking but certainly looks darn big which is what I want. Its also cheaper than the nvidia special also by coolermaster.
I'm also toying with the Antec Skeleton.

Associate
I have the 831 stacker which is basically the same, your psu will fit in it as it has no restrictions to length in the top of the case. Also about concerns that its noisy, i have 4 120mm fans in mine and is no louder than my old p4 HP pc and it is great for cooling. Can take pictures of things if you want to see anything specific.

Found this helpful when looking for stacker information

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QmDxzvi8nuA

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for posting the video link. Very useful in helping me to arrive at a decision. Probably will go for the nvidia special, has the looks and cooling potential to be a great product. Thanks.

Associate
I have the Stacker 830 and I've grown to actively dislike the thing. I abandoned the pointless door within days of owning it. I don't think it's particularly well engineered and I've had to make a plywood trolley to move it around without pulling a hernia. I'm considering replacing it with something more suitable to my own taste and requirements. If I do, I'll probably give it away for free to anyone prepared to collect it.

I've previously owned a number of Lian Li and Coolermaster cases and the Stacker 830 has been a great disappointment it's not particularly efficient despite the number of fans and it's by no means quiet. All in all a bit of a bummer.

I'm considering replacements now and the ATCS 840 and Lian Li LZ1010 look to me to be the most interesting options amongst current high end-ish models. I'm looking for a case without bling but with style.

Associate
I've got the 832 and it's a great case albeit a huge one. I did still have to get the Dremel out to fit my radiator on the rear fan mount which was disappointing. Great build quality though and nice and spacious so I'm happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom