How dangerous is Glasgow

Permabanned
:eek:

Just kidding btw, just remember, don't answer if you're asked if you're a Catholic Pastafarian/Hindu/Buddhist/Atheist/Jehova's Witness or a Protestant one ;)
That reminds me of the one and only time that I went to Glasgow. It was to watch the old firm.

After the game I strayed from a well lit and busy area and lo and behold was accosted from behind. I could feel the cold, sharp blade of a knife being held to my throat and then a voice asked "Are you Catholic or Protestant"?

I'm neither but it was a 50/50 chance with this guy and I really didn't know what to say. Before I could answer again the voice from behind said "Are you Catholic or Protestant"?

Still having not given an answer I could feel the blade being held firmer to my throat and swearing that I could feel blood I knew I had to think quickly so as he said for the third time "Are you Catholic or Protestant"?

I responded with "I'm a little Jewish boy"

To which the reply from behind came "**** me I must be the luckiest Arab in Glasgow!"

Soldato
My GF is from there and I go there frequently for work. The city centre is a really nice place, I've had some cracking nights out there. Venture further afield without knowing where you are going and you can walk into trouble but the really crappy areas are well outside the city centre (as is true of most cities).
As already said, I've seen far more bother in other cities around the UK than I have in glasgow.

Associate
How dangerous is London or Manchester for that matter? How many stabbings and shootings in the past year?? All cities have underclasses that know they are worthless turds and will carry weapons and get wasted in some purile and tribal attempt to forget what they are. Stay away from the east end and a few parts of the north of glasgow and you will be fine.

Associate
glasgow is a nice city, more likely to run into trouble there than edinburgh I would say, but grand most of the time!

Last time I was there was walking out of the train station and some young ned asked me to go and buy him a machette! which was quite funny

Soldato
Last time I was there was walking out of the train station and some young ned asked me to go and buy him a machette! which was quite funny

You think that's bad? Was on the bus home from the city centre a couple of years ago and some young ned girl, looked about 14/15, gave some drunken guy(probably late 20's, he was in some state) head just to buy them some drink. She did tell the guy they were 16 but I doubt it!

Associate
Like has already been said Glasgow is the same as any other big city. Stay in the city centre or west end and keep away from idiots and you'll be fine.

Soldato
gcs0170ly6.jpg

Made me chuckle anyway.

Haahaha magic!

Glasgow is a great city. Never had any trouble there, used to live in greenock which is just down the road from glasgae. Going there this weekend as it so happens :D

Associate
Used to live in Hillhead many years ago which I heard was a pretty bad spot but never encounted any problems at all, considering I was an Englishman!!! :p

Lovely city, fantastic people, great nightlife, full of atmosphere, just like any other city really, have common sense, keep your wits about you and if you see trouble stay clear.

Been to Hillhead,was staying on The Great Western road for a couple of nights.
Went drinking bigtime on the Friday,and to Celtic Park for an old firm match the next day,had a great time.
A Celtic fan gave me and my brother in-law a bag with 8 cans of lager in on the way to the game,brilliant,he was dead chuffed we,d gone up from Leicester to support celtic(my brother in-laws first ever game to see them live,his team,not mine btw),oh celtic won 5-1,more beers on saturday night.

Soldato
the Drum ie Drumchapel (or Beirut as its known :p )

Clydebank
Maryhill
Easterhouse

AVOID these and you live :)

I see your list and add.......

Possilpark
Shettleston
Springburn
Sighthill
Barmulloch
Govan
Toryglen
Parkhead
Townhead
Pollok
Bridgeton

But seriously.......You'll be fine. As most people have said, like any city, it has its problems but most of the people and places are fine! :)

Back
Top Bottom