• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No Boot with new x1650 pro Agp

Associate
Hi Guys,

My old card (6800 ultra) expired the other day and as I no longer game on the pc (x360 owner) I thought I'd just get a cheap card to allow me to carry on browsing.

Bought a new x1650 pro and I can't get it to display anything at all. It dosn't even display the bios.

Thinking it was a dead card I brought it into work today and tried it on one of our work machines and it worked perfectly.

The Mobo is an old DFI nforce 3 250gb on which I have reset the BIOS. I know it works as I have borrowed a 9700pro of a friend and that is working fine.

I don't think it's power related as I have a 450W power supply and the work machine was only 240W

So have any of you bright sparks any idea whats wrong with my PC? Or is my MOBO just not compatible with modern ATI cards?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So the screen doesn't even come on? Does your mobo have a speaker - if so, does it make any beeps?

Hi, after some investigation it appears my old mobo is not compatible with the newer type of ATI agp cards, the ones that are essentialy PCI-E parts running through a pci-e to agp converter.

I've sent the card back and am gonna try and get hold of a NVIDIA card instead.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom