Poll: The Official X-Factor Thread!

Who is going to be X Factor Winner 2008?

• Alex

Votes: 53 76.8%
  • JLS

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
The blonde girl sounds just like Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries. Very cute.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but this thread is huge lol. I don't really watch this show though, but she caught my attention.

diana, she is the best there by far! although she was crap tonite coz she been ill past week or so! i can undertsand why she annoys some people though, it is annoying but you still have to watch her and the diff with her against the other contestants is that she makes every song her own, not just copycat them.

i admit i watch x-factor and yes enjoy it lol <hangs head in shame>

Last edited:
Soldato
Rachel lacks any humility which someone should show being in the bottom two for the 2nd week running. Her performance of U2's one was simply awful. She was so confident being up against Daniel that she simply murdered the song. Off key and not even singing the right words as much as I disliked Daniel's cheesy singing based solely on the final performances she should have went.

Shows a total lack of respect for your fellow contestant when you jump around the stage laughing whilst singing a ballad.

She's trash, put her in a nice frock she's still trash.

Man of Honour
Shows a total lack of respect for your fellow contestant when you jump around the stage laughing whilst singing a ballad
And the judges - she didn't bother listening to what Simon Cowell had to say as she was too busy yelling to her noisy family in the crowd!

Caporegime
diana, she is the best there by far! although she was crap tonite coz she been ill past week or so! i can undertsand why she annoys some people though, it is annoying but you still have to watch her and the diff with her against the other contestants is that she makes every song her own, not just copycat them.

I don't really think singing in a stupid voice constitutes 'making it her own'

I'm a fan of her singing at all, and don't even get me started on her helium hands.

Alexandra 4TW!

Man of Honour
I really liked Diana at first but after last nights performance I'm thinking just how much we can take of a stupid voice.
She was way off but having a stupid voice actually helped her to disguise it.
Ask yourself 'Could I really put up with an albums worth of that voice?' and I think most people would answer 'no'.
Week after week that young lad has been hitting bum notes all over the show and even Simon doesn't pick him up on it.
The one who has stood head & shoulders above everybody else every week is Alexandre and JLS haven't done a bad job either.

Soldato
Owen needs to go, that stupid fake smile he has (obviously) practiced in front of the mirror really gets my hackles rising. It's only in maybe the last two shows has even managed to get through with 90%+ notes in tune. I couldn't believe it when no one picked him up on it before. Only person that would, would be Simon. But he won't as it's his last act.

Rachel hopefully is going next week, my wife and I have hated her since her first audition and those stupid judges in an effort to appear to be "multi culture" and "down with the kids" are letting it continue. Being able to sing like Amy Winehouse IS NOT A GOOD THING ffs!

Soldato
I really liked Diana at first but after last nights performance I'm thinking just how much we can take of a stupid voice.
Ask yourself 'Could I really put up with an albums worth of that voice?' and I think most people would answer 'no'.
Week after week that young lad has been hitting bum notes all over the show and even Simon doesn't pick him up on it.
The one who has stood head & shoulders above everybody else every week is Alexandre and JLS haven't done a bad job either.

Worked out well for Alanis Morisette :p Diana so has to do "Thank You" before the end of the series!

Associate
Rachel hopefully is going next week, my wife and I have hated her since her first audition and those stupid judges in an effort to appear to be "multi culture" and "down with the kids" are letting it continue. Being able to sing like Amy Winehouse IS NOT A GOOD THING ffs!

My mum and dad loved Rachel at the first audition, i hated her; tryed to convince my parents that she was crap and a chav. Now that the live performances are here and she's acting like she is, my parents have finally come round to the truth :p

Soldato
Owen needs to go, that stupid fake smile he has (obviously) practiced in front of the mirror really gets my hackles rising. It's only in maybe the last two shows has even managed to get through with 90%+ notes in tune. I couldn't believe it when no one picked him up on it before. Only person that would, would be Simon. But he won't as it's his last act.
I love you. Everyone else I speak to seems to love him, and when I point out he's out of tune they say "oh but he's cute", "oh he's young", "you're just jealous" (wtf!) etc... He has a face I want to smash into the ground. Simon loves him, for some ******* reason. Maybe the son he never had.

We need to remember she was still noticeably ill. But, I agree, last night was the first time I found myself doubting if I could listening to an album of her voice. Well see, I guess ;)

Soldato
I don't really think singing in a stupid voice constitutes 'making it her own'

I'm a fan of her singing at all, and don't even get me started on her helium hands.

Alexandra 4TW!

alexandra = another leona lewis type (although nowhere near as good) they all sound the same!!

while i agree about her hands is really annoying and i can see why people find her voice warbley etc but making a song sound your own isnt just about your voice, you have tempo, pitch, key changes in different places.. the others just sing the same notes as the original singers do where as she at least mixes it up :)

i dont think she should be judged on last nights performance tho, she was really warbley but the poor thing was ill not to mention terrified lol

Soldato
I actually watched this tonight. Leona Lewis was outstanding, really showed them all how it is done.

This is what i said last week, can't wait to hear Leona back on stage showing them what a real singer sounds like. Shes just in a different league compared to everyone else.

Run is one of my fav Snow Patrol songs, i had the pleasure of hearing her sing that live on radio1 live lounge for the first time, it blew everyone away and they kept getting request after request for it to be played again. I guess thats why she is releasing it on her album, which ill buy!!

About time Daniel went, Rach should have gone to. Dianas performace was a nervous wreck bless her. She needs to get back to her old self next week or i feel she will be in trouble.

That owen (cant spell) guy seems to be improving a lot, think he is too young to win it though. He should have waited a few more years.

Alex was my fav performance, id be suprised if she is not in the final.

Associate
Long long long shot - looking for audience tickets to see this (not the live tour, the tv recording) as a birthday gift for the GF as she is a big fan of the show. From hunting around the net it seems these tickets are virtually impossible to get. I've tried all the obvious places (registered on the Applause store / auction sites etc) but no luck. Anyone got any inside tips?

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Long long long shot - looking for audience tickets to see this (not the live tour, the tv recording) as a birthday gift for the GF as she is a big fan of the show. From hunting around the net it seems these tickets are virtually impossible to get. I've tried all the obvious places (registered on the Applause store / auction sites etc) but no luck. Anyone got any inside tips?

isnt it mainly friends and family's?

Back
Top Bottom