Rmoving personal HD data

Soldato
Reset Safari/Firefox.

Obviously the best bet is a re-format but that's no good if you want to keep the apps.

Soldato
Re-install Parallels, much easier.

Word won't keep any data on it's own, the documents will obviously but Word won't itself.

Associate
Rather than just making that statement, I'd love to hear you actually explain why would it be easier to reinstall parallels. As far as I know, parallels doesn't store any personal data. The vm files it creates, yes, parallels itself no.

This forum is full of people making random statements for nothing more than something to do.

Soldato
Word could well have caches of working copies of files and other metadata.

Then there's the whole issue of normal files on disk just having their references removed when being deleted, thus possibly being recoverable.

picture1eu6.png

If you're concerned about this then just zero the drive - no point doing a half-assed job. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Word could well have caches of working copies of files and other metadata.

Then there's the whole issue of normal files on disk just having their references removed when being deleted, thus possibly being recoverable.

picture1eu6.png

If you're concerned about this then just zero the drive - no point doing a half-assed job. :)

I'm not being a pain but its easy to recover files which have been zero'ed.

If you wear a tinfoil hat or think someone might try to recover your files then the only way to go is secure erase like the 7 pass DoD wipe.

Back
Top Bottom