lol customers

Associate
I've worked in call centres for approx 15 years+ now and have pretty much heard it all, but the most fun we ever had was when I worked for a large car insurance broker in Stoke (they're still in business I believe) Our number must have been very similar to a well know courier service so at least once a day we'd get a call from someone either trying to track a delivery or request one, one bored evening I get a call from a rather posh and impatient gentleman wanting to know how much it would be to courier a golf club up to Scotland, he completely ignored my advice that he'd dialled the wrong number so deciding to play along I asked him to measure the club, he huffed and puffed about it but came back several minutes later with a figure in inches, telling him that we only worked in metric I got him to go back and measure it again in centimetres, so he comes back again after much mumbling and we get a figure so I pretent to work out some prices and tap away at the keyboard loudly, go back to the customer and say it's 1cm too big and is it ok if we cut it in half and possibly just glue it back together at the other end, he stayed silent for several moments but then delivered such a torrent of abuse and threats that it still makes me cringe today.

Other tortures we inflicted on the more simple customers was to get them to go out and check what version flux capacitor they had on their car as it might lower the quote down a few percent, especially evil if they lived on a high floor of a block of flats.

Not the most professional of environments, but we did at least look forward to going into work.

Caporegime
Not the most professional of environments, but we did at least look forward to going into work.

That reminds me, I work at an Engineering company and we always send the new apprentice to go get a new bubble for the spirit level.

We have a deal with the local hardware shop and they always box one up for the lad in loads of wrapping and tell him he must walk really slowly and not drop or knock the package. Always fun watching them walk slowly back up the road carrying this box looking half frightened to death.:D

The best though was my mate's company when they were working on some electrics in a street near to where a building was due to be blown up at 10am that day. They showed the young apprentice (1st day) what to do but said he must never, ever let any of the wires touch each other as there could be an explosion caused in somebody's house (power was off of course)

Just as he's working on the wires, the building gets demolished. They all run over and say "What the hell have you done? You must have let some wires touch!"

The poor lad did a runner and never came back to work. To this day, AFIK, he probably still thinks he blew a building up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The poor lad did a runner and never came back to work. To this day, AFIK, he probably still thinks he blew a building up.

Bahahaha! Poor sod!

Luckily I never had anything like that happen to me (first day pranks I mean...)

But my old work experience boss told me one once...He sent a kid out to go buy the 'bubble' in a spirit level....:rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm always surprised how many people say "What's that?" when I say "Can you open Internet Explorer"... Considering I support corporate businesses and people who run their own business.

Don
Spent over an hour on the phone to my dad a few weeks ago trying to help him install his new printer, turns out he had plugged the USB cable into the Ethernet port. “It Fits Perfectly” he said… :rolleyes:

Not a customer but still funny! :p

funnily enough i've done that myself, they do go in quite snuggly :)

Permabanned
We had "Go ask the RSM for a long stand!" or, in place of long stand, "large weight"

Of course, he'd just say "Sure, no problem, just wait here a minute" and then go off to get a couple of brews. No-one would dare disobey the RSM, so there we go, a long stand/large weight!

Soldato
When I worked in kitchens it was always the "Go ask 'x' for some tartan paint" :D

Hehe, we did that to a colleague who wasn't new, he was just stupid. We were making an A frame for displaying some special offers, and told him to get some striped paint.
He came back emptyhanded so we sent him to get some spotted paint instead :D Such a dappy lad :)

Don

omg, that's mental, poor guy!

my mate who's a builder tells the newbies to go and buy some 'sky-hooks', he says "it's what we use to put the scaffle up, we start from the top and work down"

they always get taken in :p

Soldato
When I worked in kitchens it was always the "Go ask 'x' for some tartan paint" :D
Go to the stores and get me a left handed screwdriver. Now!

We had "Go ask the RSM for a long stand!" or, in place of long stand, "large weight"

Of course, he'd just say "Sure, no problem, just wait here a minute" and then go off to get a couple of brews. No-one would dare disobey the RSM, so there we go, a long stand/large weight!

Its supposed to be "a long wait" :p

Caporegime
omg, that's mental, poor guy!

my mate who's a builder tells the newbies to go and buy some 'sky-hooks', he says "it's what we use to put the scaffle up, we start from the top and work down"

they always get taken in :p

I know I often wonder what he does for a living now. I guess he didn't get another apprentice electrician job.

I reckon that will have messed his life up for good.

You can just see him buying the papers the next day to see if he's a wanted man.:D

Caporegime
I know I often wonder what he does for a living now. I guess he didn't get another apprentice electrician job.

I reckon that will have messed his life up for good.

You can just see him buying the papers the next day to see if he's a wanted man.:D

He probably was genuinely carping himself though!

Probably had a mental break down or something.

Soldato
Customer: Can you tell me where the ice is?
Me: Errm...In the freezer perhaps?*bursts out laughing*

one I used to get on the customer service desk..

"This says 97p on the shelf not £1.97! I've been overcharged!"
me : "You have picked the wrong one up."
"No I haven't it's definately this one I buy it every week!"
*walks down with customer to check*
"Oh...so it isn't that one, but that is SO misleading.."
Me: "Well it's under the correct lable so...(do one!)"
*Customer walks off in a huff"
OWNED.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom