How much is your rent?

Associate
It is a rather pleasant apartment with views of the Thames, Dome, Canary Wharf and the towers in the Square Mile in the distance. I find myself gazing at the view randomly.

I work in the City so it only takes me 30 mins on the DLR to get into work and a 30 minute commute into London is fairly unheard of. It's quiet around here too with a few nice restaurants.

Stupid money though, I agree.

The west indian restaurant is nice, plus you are getting a load more when they finish excel off next year which should be nice as we need more bars in the area.

dude.

Soldato
under £200/month mortgage. 1bed flat in Glasgow :) I don't know exactly how much as my other half pays it! Hopefully moving to a 4 bed detached new build at the end of next year depending on the credit crunch.

Soldato
£795 a month for a 4 bedroom (well, 3 and a box room) in Harrogate. Victorian terrace so nice big rooms and high ceilings but just a small front garden and back yard/patio.

Soldato
600PCM for a 2 bedroom flat in Manchester City Centre. With this lovely view out of my livingroom window :p

10z8f9k.jpg

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Our house is £1600 a month, split equally between 4 tenants so £400 a month.

Seven Sisters in North-East London :)

My best mate lives in a house share there, no idea what he pays though.

Last time I rented I was paying £320pm for a smallish 1 bed flat in south Devon, just under 2 years ago though.

Soldato
I really thought you lot would be paying more, rent does not seem to be too bad in the uk.

A 1 bed pace would cost around 500 quid per month in a nice part of town in Prague.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying at present, especially for a first time buyer.

Its pretty much the same, if not more expensive to rent in Oxfordshire, with prices bottoming out i cannot see why anyone who can afford it doesn't snap somewhere up. Ive just bought my second house within about 3 months and could most certainly make marginal profits from rental.

If we take an average 3 bed terrace in wallingford (nice town, very central), you'd purchase it on an approx £180k mortgage assuming a reasonable deposit. Rental would be £1100 approx, at ~6% and assuming a ~5% gross loss on the deposit, thats very even.

Back
Top Bottom