Cowon S9 Curve

Permabanned
It's a pity they don't make hard drive players anymore. The X5 was awesome.

Might be getting a D2 soon if I can find a good deal.

Associate
I don't think we'll see the S9 for while yet. As far as I'm aware, there have been no other pictures of it apart from the "concept" pic that's at the top of this thread; certainly nothing resembling a genuine photo of real unit. This makes me think it's either proving more difficult to develop than originally thought, or it may even fizzle into a vapourware memory :(

Soldato
Thought that was gonna be for the S9, you got me all excited :( Can't find anything S9 related on the Cowon site at all...

Korean site mate, there's tonnes of pics of the S9. They're not on the Japan or US sites, you need to go to cowonglobal.com and click Korea in the top right to see them.

I don't think we'll see the S9 for while yet. As far as I'm aware, there have been no other pictures of it apart from the "concept" pic that's at the top of this thread; certainly nothing resembling a genuine photo of real unit. This makes me think it's either proving more difficult to develop than originally thought, or it may even fizzle into a vapourware memory :(

Like I said, there's pictures of everything now. GUI, unit itself including the tactile buttons, etc. Just go to the Korean Cowon site.

Last edited:
Soldato
I feel I have to eat my earlier words a little, in that the UI seems to be more cohesive and user-friendly than previous Cowons. Obviously the increased screen area/resolution helps with this, but still, they appear to have made an effort.

Still too many small clickable areas for it to be considered perfect, mind. Not everyone in the western world has the tiny digits required for some of the more precision-demanding UI paradigms.

Looking promising, though, yeah :)

Associate
Still too many small clickable areas for it to be considered perfect, mind. Not everyone in the western world has the tiny digits required for some of the more precision-demanding UI paradigms.

If you have big fat sausage mashers like I do then it looks like it might get a bit fiddly selecting those small text links etc :D

It does look really good though :)

Back
Top Bottom