FAO Leon & Rich....

Associate
..............been away a while but now i'm back. It wasn't me, I was framed. Just a quick question before turning the farm back on, is the x1950 xtx not supported by a gpu client anymore?

Happy folding. :cool:

Associate
OP
Shame, best cards I ever bought, got two of them, still plays all the latest stuff. Oh well.

Just added a couple of smp clients so should make a bit of a fight of it.

Associate
..............been away a while but now i'm back. It wasn't me, I was framed. Just a quick question before turning the farm back on, is the x1950 xtx not supported by a gpu client anymore?

Happy folding. :cool:
No unfortunately, as all my boxes had x1950 series cards :( Those were GPU1 cores, which is obsolete now. Even if they were, they would be extremely slow on today's WU's. Even the 3x Series cards are taking a beating now. If your looking to GPU fold on ATI the 48 series is doing better with rescent Core improvements => 3800 PPD, but Nvidia still have things cornered. My GX 280 with a modest OC on the shaders is producing 7500 PPD. I would not recommend the 280's though unless your only going to crunch on one GPU card. A pair of 9800 GT SC's or a single 9800 GX2 will net you over 10K PPD, for about 1/3 less the cost both in terms of PWR and price. Throw in a single Quad SMP client, and your well over 12K PPD.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No unfortunately, as all my boxes had x1950 series cards :( Those were GPU1 cores, which is obsolete now. Even if they were, they would be extremely slow on today's WU's. Even the 3x Series cards are taking a beating now. If your looking to GPU fold on ATI the 48 series is doing better with rescent Core improvements => 3800 PPD, but Nvidia still have things cornered. My GX 280 with a modest OC on the shaders is producing 7500 PPD. I would not recommend the 280's though unless your only going to crunch on one GPU card. A pair of 9800 GT SC's or a single 9800 GX2 will net you over 10K PPD, for about 1/3 less the cost both in terms of PWR and price. Throw in a single Quad SMP client, and your well over 12K PPD.

Well have now uploaded some clients, have a 8800 gts giving me 4000 approx and a few quads running smp, so am now hitting 10,000 ppd. Cannot be bothered clocking them as 2 are in htpc machines and I can do without the noise. Might buy a 4870 for the crack but hardly play games anymore, may get one for my sons machine though. Christmas prezzy methinks.

Associate
OP
ahh welcome back 2bullish - the way my SMP clients are going at the moment you'll be past me in no time :o :p

I wouldnt worry to much Rich I'm off on business for a week so have switched the farm off. Will be intermittent at best to be honest as I don't like leaving machines on at night (must be my age) as I'm paranoid about fires with the kids in the house. Still, just bought another 8800 gts for my sons machine off the bay, will sort it out when I get back.

Soldato
How much did that set you back?

I've always been a bit wary of buying expensive PC hardware off eBay, especially since eBay and PayPal generally back the seller.

Associate
OP
How much did that set you back?

I've always been a bit wary of buying expensive PC hardware off eBay, especially since eBay and PayPal generally back the seller.

72 quid, its the 640 mb one that matches the one I already have. I love the bay, have had some real bargains in the past on everything from cofee tables to dishwashers.

Back
Top Bottom