Music on Louis Theroux in Philly

Soldato
How bizarre, I've just watched this on iPlayer and wondered what the ambient tune was.

It sounds very like "The Boards of Canada" but I'm not sure if it is.

Soldato
OP
Yeah want to hunt that one down (second one, as above)

Sounds very aphex twin, maybe it's brian eno, boards of canada... someone's bound to recognise it.

Associate
All 3 are definitely Boards tracks, funny you should ask this I was determined to remind myself which ones they are after watching the docu! Can't work it out though :(

Soldato
OP
Thanks - I'll have a dig through youtube and the usual.

Strange though because a few years ago, someone recommended I try Boards of Canada - I went out and bought 'Music Has the Right to Children' but I didn't enjoy it at the time. Time to find that CD and give it another listen!

Associate
Number two is 'Olson', on their Peel Session - all of their stuff is available DRM free 320kbs on bleep.com

Fantastic show, really well made and explored some great issues. A real-life version of The Wire.

Not sure what the third one is, certain it isn't BoC though.

Soldato
Thought this programme was excellent, will have to check out Boards of Canada some more.

Does anyone know the hip hop track at around 19:57?

Soldato
OP
Number two is 'Olson', on their Peel Session - all of their stuff is available DRM free 320kbs on bleep.com

Fantastic show, really well made and explored some great issues. A real-life version of The Wire.

Not sure what the third one is, certain it isn't BoC though.

Couldn't agree more - last night's episode on Johannesburg was equally as good, particularly when he walked into an 'overrun' block with his paranoid security posse to interview some pretty destitute but nonplussed homeless people.

Thanks to those who replied re: music

Chojin said:
Does anyone know the hip hop track at around 19:57?
Afraid not - but it starts out with the BoC tune as mentioned by retribution - Peel Sessions Olson v3. I'm guessing the hip hop that blends in is a local philly tune.

Back
Top Bottom