Grand Theft Auto 4

Soldato
Hey, atleast you can get into the game ... Windows Live junk is not working for me.

When ever I try to launch Games for Windows Live I simply get
Error
Can't start Program. Exception of type:
'Microsoft.Gfwl.Client.Framework.XLiveServices.LiveIdWrapper.IDCLRException'
Any one have any ideas?

It looks to me as if it's something to do with the .NET framework, however I have the latest versions of .NET 3.0, .NET 3.5 and XNA frameworks installed (as I develop in C#).

Arc

Arc

Associate
The game needs a quadcore, and people with quadcores are playing fine with high/medium setting, those with dualcore aren't. All I'm saying is this game needs a quad to run properly how hard is that to understand.

That's not what it says on the box ;). System requirements - Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz. It should be playable on low settings on that hardware, at the moment it's not.

Associate
Jebus! Being drunk in this game is seriously bad! Me and Roman went to a bar and I had to drive us back, short journey but I literally nearly vomited multiple times, the 'rocking' was horrendous. :eek:

Soldato
That's not what it says on the box ;). System requirements - Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz. It should be playable on low settings on that hardware, at the moment it's not.

I was talking about recommended, but most games can't be played on minimum specs anyway, Crysis on a 9800Pro :rolleyes:

Associate
I was talking about recommended, but most games can't be played on minimum specs anyway, Crysis on a 9800Pro :rolleyes:

No you wasn't you where talking about in general! Anyway the game is a POS and there technical support even worse

Turning around and telling me they will NOT diagnose ANY issue I have is just bad bad bad and telling me my only option is to buy a quad core is EVEN worse!

[EDIT] Oh and to reply to you earlier Happy im running I have tried running res from 1900 x 1200 all the way down to 1200 and the FPS hardly changes on low settings.

Soldato
I would suspect R* support have as much knowledge about the problems as you do atm. It's no suprise they tried to fob you off with some lame-ass excuse.

Soldato
im having a great time with the game, went bowling with my latest squeeze, she beat me and when we got outside i beat the crap outta her lol good times!

Having zero issues im happy to say, seems like im in the minority but hey its all good for me :)

Associate
im having a great time with the game, went bowling with my latest squeeze, she beat me and when we got outside i beat the crap outta her lol good times!

Having zero issues im happy to say, seems like im in the minority but hey its all good for me :)

Now your system is like mine really, I have a GTX260 tho what kinda FPS you getting dude?

Soldato
It probably runs well as he's not using Vista?

im using the same as him in vista and all is a ok:D

Statistics
Average FPS: 43.93
Duration: 37.08 sec
CPU Usage: 96%
System memory usage: 57%
Video memory usage: 97%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 18
Detail Distance: 38

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 core 216
Video Driver version: 180.60
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

Last edited:
Soldato
im using the same as him in vista and all is a ok:D

I still can't help but think there's more to these problems than just a spec thing. There are people with dual cores and quads running it fine, some even as low as 2.4ghz. (Not that it's that low). Also, some with 8800gtx and 4850 are running over 30fps, where others with gtx260 and 280 are struggling for 20. This is despite of changing settings etc. let's wait and see what R* do with this, it desperately needs fixing.

Still, can't explain why some people with identical setups are having such varied performance.

Anyone had a bash with the detailed graphical settings posted above? I assume these are changed in console or in some .ini? I don't have the game yet, but'd like to know if it's possible to change these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom