Anyone know anything about freezers?

Soldato
I would think it is ruined, You have pierced the skin of the freezer where the compressed gases are.
Duck tape wont hold it as the pressure when full is a lot.
Also you have now lost some if not all of your gas in the compressor. Therefore the compressor cannot do it's job.

Pretty certain it's binned.

(The gases are what makes it freeze/cold)

oh and by making a hole you have just contributed towards global warming! Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
I was defrosting our freezer today with a knife :rolleyes:, and managed to make a tiny hole in the inside, which is now pushing (cold) air into the freezer.

Anyone know whether this is/will be a problem?

Cheers,

Rob

Haha i did that, its not good - it is gas not cold air, Fridge is dead mate!!

Soldato
The manual of every freezer tells you not to scrape the ice off with a knife, sometimes there is even a warning inside on the back of the freezer, congratulations on your broken freezer.

Soldato
Darn, really? Will plugging the hole now make any difference? Freezer is still as cold as ever.

No, no where near enough pressure to keep the gas at bay... plus you've just let tonnes of it out?

Also isn't the gas dangerous, hence why Freezers need to be disposed of specially? I phoned the NHS after doing it because i inhaled some! was a funny day at Uni but still... dead Freezer

Soldato
I might be talking rubbish i normally do, i swear there is something with the Gas though...

Would just get rid of that one and buy a new one though :)

Associate
OP
Turned it off now as apparently they can catch fire if you leave them on as the compressor motor will run too much :/

Nightmare!

Thanks for the help :)

~edit~

Anyone got any advice about explaining this to my landlord tomorrow? Should I expect to have to pay for a new fridge-freezer?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure how dangerous the gas is to a person, but it can damage the atmosphere, which is why there are regulations about how they are ment to be disposed of.

Back
Top Bottom