which is better .....

Soldato
OP
I was bored so had another go, but tbh I've overdone it a bit, I need to learn when to stop :p

xngkqs.jpg

wowy!!!!

Soldato
As far as technicals go on HDR I cannot answer them because I simply don't know them.

I'm not denying that some of your HDR stuff is indeed good, however, it's all I ever see you do, be better to show something different from time to time.

http://www.vanilladays.com/gallery/2008/

I post nearly every day and only around 55 HDR's this year. Clearly you're not watching me close enough. Seriously dude, if you're going to jump into a thread with randomly stupid nonsense about how I've single handedly blown HDR out of all proportion and I milk it then you better know wtf you're on about. You don't know the technical side, you don't even know what I do and you sure as hell don't know HDR.

Well firstly this isn't exactly a perfect condition for the requirement of HDR. These shots come out perfectly ok using a good set up with maybe a grad filter if needed. Really isn't. higher aperture will numb the powerful light sources from the buildings.
Should really get these shots done well enough without HDR before going into HDR otherwise you'll fall victim to it and be highly dependant on it.

Heres a processed version of your shot.

attempt1.jpg

Johnny

Permabanned
Looking through this thread and none of the images are what I'd class as HDR, just post-processed. Most of them just look like the contrast and saturation has been turned up far too much.

you need to read the thread again, there not supposed to all be HDR.

Whats the point in HDR if you aren't adding anything to the shot by using it?

None.

Soldato
Well firstly this isn't exactly a perfect condition for the requirement of HDR. These shots come out perfectly ok using a good set up with maybe a grad filter if needed. Really isn't. higher aperture will numb the powerful light sources from the buildings.
Should really get these shots done well enough without HDR before going into HDR otherwise you'll fall victim to it and be highly dependant on it.

Heres a processed version of your shot.

attempt1.jpg

Johnny

If the water was slightly darker, best version. Noise Reduction/darker water = win.

Rest have turned too cartoony, especially yantorsen's.

Guess as it's Christmas he's allowed to edit it like that, looks like a street full of Christmas lights :p.

Soldato
you need to read the thread again, there not supposed to all be HDR.
Yes I realise this. As I said, they're just heavily post processed, none of the images are showing HDR, just increased contrast and saturation.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that (all the pictures I've posted up here are like this, I'm just saying it isn't HDR)

Permabanned
Yes I realise this. As I said, they're just heavily post processed, none of the images are showing HDR, just increased contrast and saturation.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that (all the pictures I've posted up here are like this, I'm just saying it isn't HDR)

none of them were supposed to be HDR what are you on about? There not even that heavily processed really.

Back
Top Bottom