Grid Game pad compatibility

Soldato
OP
Right heres one. is the standard Xbox controller compatible?

I have just been to the local games retailer and the girl and guy behind the counter are like, you just use a standard wireless xbox controler. to me this seams to be a bit odd.

I would google it but the answwers here are far better.

Associate
As in the original Xbox pad? I would have thought you would have to set up the original xbox controller like any other controller. Never take the advice of retail monkeys without barrels of salt. Although they probably mean the 360 one, which requires a wireless adapter and is good to go without configuration.

EDIT: Just re-read your post, doesn't mention original xbox pads, my bad :rolleyes: They talk the truth, 360 pads are also "the" windows pads now.

Also, Grid works with all controllers, I use my PS2 pad. They just don't work in the menus like the 360 does (unless you map buttons to keyboard buttons with xpadder or something).

Last edited:
Soldato
You also need the receiver as below

GC-001-MS_400.jpg

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...s Controller (XP/Vista Compatible) (JR9-00002)

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys. will go back and shout at them. i just wish people would tell you the truith instead of trying to get you to buy something you cant use.

When i worked ina larg retail hardware store. the green one. i tried to find out stuff for people and made sure i knew the right answers, people just seam dumb now,

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just instaled grid, when i put it on i get the initial grid logo then a windows error message to send a report. ive removed it and re-instaled it, the same is happening again. its on all the recomended install settings, any ideas?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom