Need recommendation for a Good Small Hi-Fi

Soldato
I'm looking for a small Hi-Fi, something that is small enough to fit on a shelf but has very good sound, even at low volumes.

I called into a Sony Centre yesterday as I had spotted something I liked on their site, a Giga Juke NAS-S55HDE. The unit itself was actually bigger than I hoped but it looked nice and cost £499. When it was demonstrated the sound was not as good as I hoped as it sounded very flat. I asked if the could adjust the Bass/Treble or something but was told that it was a fixed sound and no adjustments could be made. I was quite surprised by that, the guys didn't know that much about it and couldn't find the remote but after pressing all the buttons nothing was found. When I got home I downloaded the manual and sure enough, no options to adjust the sound. So on the basis I didn't like what I heard I'm now search for alternatives!

I'm pretty fusy so the sound has to be really good.

Minimum requirements: CD Player, MP3, Small & looks good, maybe a Ipod dock to. HD and other extras would be nice.

Thanks

Jase

Last edited:
Associate
Second hand Linn Classik + pair of speakers and just add an ipod dock. Will sound millions of times better than anything you can get in the Sony store.

Dave

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, the Arcam Solo looks interesting and I'd like to see that.

I have however been doing some research and found good reviews of the Denon D-M37DAB Micro Component System, does anyone have one or tried one ?

Thanks

Soldato
I was not suggesting an a/b/x test simply that I had not heard the two systems side by side in a similar set-up as to what may be purchased. Try them out and see which you prefer for whatever reason you deem fit. If you are happy that is all that really matters imho.

Soldato
I was not suggesting an a/b/x test simply that I had not heard the two systems side by side in a similar set-up as to what may be purchased. Try them out and see which you prefer for whatever reason you deem fit. If you are happy that is all that really matters imho.

Sorry I wasnt aiming my post at you or anyone else but from the post about "Is there a difference" :)

Back
Top Bottom