MSN using 50% of CPU

Caporegime
Started to get this the last week or so, no idea why, didn't do anything to my MSN and it just started doing this. It is fine when i start it and log in, but as soon as I start a chat window it goes all bonkers, it will definitely go to 50% if someone opens the chat windows to me first, then the typing goes all laggy....

Anyone know why?

Permabanned
Any way of blocking those ads at the bottom? They have started getting really intrusive, popping up over the top of anything else that's running?

If they have a central ad server, I'm thinking of just putting it in the hosts file as 127.0.0.1 :p

Don
you can block them using 'apatch'

i used to do that, now i've switched over to 'pidgin' instead, the only thing it lacks is video/voice support

it's a lot better than msn

Associate
I've been experiencing the same but it fluctuates between 1% - 45%, but I've mainly found it triggered more often if I've at any point left it open and alt-tabbed from a game to the desktop and this continues even when the game is closed.

I'm going to attempt the RC of the new version of WLM tonight to see if it's any better.

Back
Top Bottom