Help me to...

Soldato
I'm impressed and you should be proud of such an achievement; well done!

Keep it up but try not to turn into a poacher turned gamekeeper.

I smoked from age 11 and had my first major heart attack at 41 and then another at 46; ............... it's not always cancer that gets you.

Soldato
One tip to stop smoking is not to tell anyone you've quit, that will avoid questions like "So how are you coping?" All these types of things are constant reminders. Keep it to yourself.

I've been a smoker for a long time now and never quit myself, however I've recently been ill with what looks like one of two things, rather bizarrely smoking causes flare ups with one of these possible diseases but actually soothes symptoms of the other.

For this reason I decided I wouldn't smoke until I knew either way. I've been a week without now, not long I know but it's not really difficult, I think smokers like to make it sound more difficult than it is for sympathy while trying to stop.

I have tobacco in the house, I'm just not going to smoke it. No one forces me to do it and I'm in control of my own hands so I don't really see the problem.

Of course if my diagnosis goes with the latter of the two illnesses then I'm sparkin' up again.

I just smoked a cigarette. It was brilliant, as usual.

Jealous?

See, certain smokers will always do things like this, you can simply avoid that kind of thing by not telling people in the first place.

Associate
If you have a supply of nicotine gum then you'll be fine down the pub, ive quit for about 6 months now and the urge to have a fag will die down but never go away, if at the pub you want a fag then have the gum it will take time but it will feed that nicotine craving you have, it worked wonders for me. I started on the patchs for 4 weeks then went onto the gum, only problem is that food tastes amazing again, so now im spending the money i used to on fags on a gym membership to lose the pounds!

You may feel like Sisyphus at times but its worth it in the long run.

Soldato
OP
If you have a supply of nicotine gum then you'll be fine down the pub, ive quit for about 6 months now and the urge to have a fag will die down but never go away, if at the pub you want a fag then have the gum it will take time but it will feed that nicotine craving you have, it worked wonders for me. I started on the patchs for 4 weeks then went onto the gum, only problem is that food tastes amazing again, so now im spending the money i used to on fags on a gym membership to lose the pounds!

You may feel like Sisyphus at times but its worth it in the long run.

I don't need no patches, gum ect... I am running off of pure will power and TEA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom