Left £20 in an ATM

Associate
I've walked away from cash points 3 times without taking my money, fortunately the person behind me in the queue pointed it out or my OH did. Worrying.

Soldato
A while back my mum used my card to withdraw some cash but left it there by mistake, we called the bank and they were nice enough to give me the money back just like that. ;)

Permabanned
A girl I new used to do it deliberately, she would wait until it started beeping and hold the note the machine sucks it back in and credits it back onto the account.

Only worked with 5 pound notes out of TSB machines, I saw her do it a couple of times

Soldato
oh, another time, i'd been payed from work so i went to the cash point and withdrew £170 and it chucked £340 out at me, someone had filled the £10 slot with £20's :D

And if thats true it would be a: removed from your account when they found there mistake and if it was a NCR machine it would not work with 20's in a 10's carton (and probably not in anyother machine )

Persil

Soldato
And if thats true it would be a: removed from your account when they found there mistake and if it was a NCR machine it would not work with 20's in a 10's carton (and probably not in anyother machine )

Persil

And if it wasn't true i wouldn't have posted it. Infact, i'd go ahead and swear on my sons life that it happened. However, i'm not going to go out of my way to prove it as that would be impossible. However, i may have posted about it when it did happen, when i get chance, i may scour my (very) old posts and find out. Oh, and it also never got found out either.

Associate
I once manually typed in £40 and got something like £140 in notes. I was a bit surprised thinking I had typed in the wrong amount but I didn't and was had £40 taken from my account...

Associate
What happens if you try to take a largish amount out say £200, and just pull a few notes out of the middle of the bunch and wait for the rest to be sucked back in? Will the machine realise or might you get credited the full amount and have the notes you took?

This was the trick i was told worked when i used to fix atm's for a living,not tried it myself, but you'll need more details to pull it off than just the above;)

They come with opacity sensors so a "wrong" note can't be dispensed, i'm sure some do get through but in general what you've asked for gets dispensed.

Associate
On the subject of finding money that doesn't belong to you...

Me and two mates went to play pool once, i was the only one with any money but i also had a Fitness First voucher.

On one side the voucher had the design of a English Twenty pound note accross half of it.

I told one of the mates about it then folded it up a bit to make it look like £20 and placed it in the corner sticking out from under one of the chairs we were using...

Now the mate that i didn't tell about it really needed money as he wanted to go out that night...

About 30 mins passed and the "note" was still there.... Then i sort of forgot about it.... Loooked over a while later and it was gone!!!!!

I siginaled this to my other mate and we all went out for a smoke

Then i said, "So, Gary what are you going to spend youre £20 on?"

He took it staight out of his pocket and looked at it and his face was priceless

Hook, line , Sinker and copy of anglers weekly

Tho to this day its still lame! that could have been mine !! and he said nothing !!!!

Back
Top Bottom