Pull processing?

Associate
Right, so due to the generally miserable weather and washed out appearance everything seems to have at the moment, I went out and bought some Ilford Delta 3200 so I didn't have to worry about colours :p. Very nice. However, when I got home I remembered that my camera only goes up to 1600!

So now I have a choice - do I expose it for 1600asa film and then pull process it, or do I meter for 1600 and then take the exposure back a stop?

If I go for pull processing, how do I go about getting that developed?

Cheers

Soldato
From results i would recommend exposing in camera as if it was 3200. Some films pull/push better than others and due to the massive amount of grain Delta 3200 doesn't tend to be one of them. Plus spot on exposed D3200 looks freakin' fantastic. :)

Associate
You should expose it as 1600 and get it processed as 1600. I've never pulled Delta 3200, i'd image you to get something out of the shots but I'm not too sure how they will look, other than very contrasty.

For future reference, Kodak (400) T-max pushes very well and has great results. You could push it to 1600 no problems.

You should probably get the film processed at a proper lab rather than on the high street. I always use Peak Imaging in Sheffield (they have a postal/courier service), if you don't have anything local.

Back
Top Bottom